79 Malibu build AKA(MaliCrazz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
I bought the most ugliest Malibu I've ever seen lol to replace my Monte SS I got in a major wreck with.So I bought a roller needs almost everything which is ok I have all of my monte drivetrain and interior the rest I'll buy new or used.Ive owed it for 3 weeks and on the 2nd day I started sanding her down cause I couldn't stand seeing her paint that I didn't even take pics of the car I have a couple of pics that the guy sent me and maybe my son and friend took some I don't know if they have some I will post it.The paint is so thick like they sprayed it with a house paint gun it literally has taking almost 2.5hrs per panel using 40 grit disc on my orbital it's crazy.The good the car has almost no rust I found a few small rust bubbles in the rear lower quarters and 2 rust holes the size of a quarter in the floor pan under the driver rear quarter that's about it and the doors are mint.Ive been sanding on it here and there i hoping to finish up sanding this week so I can move on to another part I'll post as I go.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Sorry to hear about your SS. That malibu doesnt look too ba...:puke:. I almost lied to you lol. Those flames look like they just took out crayola box and started coloring them in. That car just screams "Save Me!" And good thing you are!

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
For ****s sake that paint was horrible. Thank you for saving it lol.

Reactions: 1 user

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
Sorry to hear about your SS. That malibu doesnt look too ba...:puke:. I almost lied to you lol. Those flames look like they just took out crayola box and started coloring them in. That car just screams "Save Me!" And good thing you are!
Lol yes i was real shocked when i first saw it i almost didnt get it but i was like 1 i want a malibu again and 2 the body is almost rust free.

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
i got a couple more pics one of it will show how thick and rough the paint was this build will be a long time thing i plan on keeping it for a long while.
my malibu 13.jpg
my malibu 12.jpeg

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
Whew! Gonna be a nice build! Keep the pics and updates flowing bro!

LSWarren

Thanks bro i will i have followed your builds for a long time hopefully ill get mine as nice as yours.

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
Thanks for hangin in there and following the builds. Still trying to figure out why all my pics went missing. Updating the thread now. Looong process. Im "watching" your build so i get all the latest updates! Keep em coming bro!

LsWarren

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
Thanks for hangin in there and following the builds. Still trying to figure out why all my pics went missing. Updating the thread now. Looong process. Im "watching" your build so i get all the latest updates! Keep em coming bro!

LsWa

LsWarren

Yes i did notice your pics were missing and thanks for keeping a eye for me if you have any input for my build let me know bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor