My 79' Monte Carlo Build Thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
jsmay said:
Thanks guys, I'm on the fence as far as the 4 speed swap. I'm leaning toward putting that off till next winter. I live up in Webster NY, I got the car way less than the asking price. It was a score. :)
As for the gears, I'm not too worried about overdrive, the last few cars I put together had 4:10's and 4:56's with 4 speed muncies. I view this car as the 55-57' chevy of my generation. So I think it will see many different builds over the years. I love it, and the fact that its such clean shape.
Webster, where life is worth living:) I grew up in Irondequoit, now in Livonia....good luck with that sweet Monte. I have 4.10 gears in my car with a 700r4 and there are no issues with high rpm's :)

jsmay

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 5, 2012
Hendersonville TN
Started with a small change today.. Silver flake steering wheel. I'm gonna repaint the column this weekend.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,111

88cscb

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2013
PA
Did u happen to score that in greencastle pa? I think I looked at that car, but it disappeared quickly

jsmay

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 5, 2012
Hendersonville TN
Car is now lowered with opgi coils 3" and 15" direct drill cragars. Yes if greencastle is on the Maryland boarder.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    496.3 KB · Views: 394
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor