My 83 Regal build thread updated 12/2/19

shawn1112

shawn1112

Greasemonkey
Apr 3, 2017
Was just going to do a cam swap and associated mods on the 6.0 by myself. But decided that I might as well plan a head for boost and have it built correctly.
So I contacted a local engine builder who comes highly recommend. The LQ4 6.0 has the beefier rods that can hold a decent amount of boost. So I'm having the rings re-gapped, heads cleaned and decked, ARP rod bolts and head studs put in. Also going to order the Sniper EFI fuel tank system with a 400lph pump vs the 255lph. Figured with the correct injectors I should be good for 750whp-800whp if I decide to go that crazy.

Reactions: Rktpwrd
shawn1112

shawn1112

Greasemonkey
Apr 3, 2017
Well things have slowed down a bit, due to me buying a used 2018 Trackhawk. I sold my Hellcat 2yrs ago with the thought of buying a used Trackhawk down the line. Well the deal presented itself and was to good to pass up, so I bought it. Promised myself that I will finish the Regal before I start modding the TH.

So with that said, the heads from my 6.0 are at machine shop getting cleaned up and surfaced. Engine builder did a leak down test on the 6.0 and passed with flying colors, lol. Started ordering some of the Holley parts for the swap, headers ordered as well (black Friday sales). Hoping to be able to order everything else needed with my X Mas bonus. Still have to get my TH400 to the trans shop for a "freshen up"

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor