My 83 Wagon

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The car looks great, Mich.
I kinda like it with the rally wheels. The color is outstanding.
The color on the coupe is pretty unusual as well.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Royal Smart Person
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
The car looks great, Mich.
I kinda like it with the rally wheels. The color is outstanding.
The color on the coupe is pretty unusual as well.
Thanks Jack. I like the rally wheels but I think a set of polished Torque Thrust ll would really look nice. Plus the rears have the wrong back space. The tires are VERY close to the frame. Cant even fit my fingers between them. I wanted to go with 17" but I might just buy 15" and just be happy with that.
Im also trying to decide whether or not to have some pinstriping put on the side. Nothing that stands out. Subtle fine lines like the 81 has running front to back. I met the guy that does all the striping for bunch of local body shops and the guys amazing. He said he would match the stripes on the 81 for $200. That will be a Winter deal though. I want to drive this thing !!!!! LOL

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks Jack. I like the rally wheels but I think a set of polished Torque Thrust ll would really look nice. Plus the rears have the wrong back space. The tires are VERY close to the frame. Cant even fit my fingers between them. I wanted to go with 17" but I might just buy 15" and just be happy with that.
Im also trying to decide whether or not to have some pinstriping put on the side. Nothing that stands out. Subtle fine lines like the 81 has running front to back. I met the guy that does all the striping for bunch of local body shops and the guys amazing. He said he would match the stripes on the 81 for $200. That will be a Winter deal though. I want to drive this thing !!!!! LOL
Mich,
A set of polished TT II's would look great, no doubt. 17's would look cool, as long as there's ample clearance between the tires and frame rails. I know you were having some trouble finding the right combination that you'd be comfortable with. Worse comes to worse, a set of 15's or even 16's for that matter.
It was pretty common back in the day, when these cars were new, that they would have dealer installed pin striping along the sides.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

ContactAdmin@GBodyForum.comfor info on becoming a sponsor