My 83 Wagon

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
More stuff finished today. Besides the wiring/connector issue I have the stereo just about done.
I also picked up the two front door panels from the upholstery shop. I had the guy make them to match the pattern in the seats. The only thing I goofed on was the width of the vinyl. It doesnt look right compared to the back. I should have had the guy make the vinyl narrower to match the rear door vinyl.
At this point Im just going to leave it alone. Its stupid crap like this that makes me nuts but the shop did the two panels for $200. Heck of a lot cheaper then some of the other shops. One guy wanted $800. Crazy prices.
Tomorrow I'll finish the drivers door panel. I never got to cut a piece of carpet for the bottom and of course the template I made vanished in my garage. LOL

IMG_1599.JPG
IMG_1600.JPG
IMG_1601.JPG

Reactions: 3 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Finally got a seat back in ! The last time a front seat was in this wagon was Spring of 2015. Im cutting out the carpet for the drivers door panel today so maybe that will be back in by the end of the day. I think the Olds cloths works well with the SEM Presidio Gray and the darker gray dash.
The seats not perfect but Im living with the imperfections. Its either that or go back to the hack that did them and get pissed off again.

IMG_1613.JPG
IMG_1614.JPG

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Finally got a seat back in ! The last time a front seat was in this wagon was Spring of 2015. Im cutting out the carpet for the drivers door panel today so maybe that will be back in by the end of the day. I think the Olds cloths works well with the SEM Presidio Gray and the darker gray dash.
The seats not perfect but Im living with the imperfections. Its either that or go back to the hack that did them and get pissed off again.

View attachment 86922 View attachment 86923
sh*t, looks great from here, bro!!!(y)

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Looks awesome Mich!

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Got the drivers side done. Still have to put the seat belts in. The biggest pain in the butt was making another template for the stupid carpet. LOL
Todays plan is to make a template for the cargo area. Theres flex carpet there already but its cut a little small on the sides and thats always bugged me. Im going to trace out one side on poster board, shift it over 1/2" and trace the other side. Im thinking that should do it. Poster boards cheap so I can mess with it until I get it right.
I also charged up a spare battery. I hooked up the main wire going to the bulkhead connector the other day. Headlights came on and the stereo worked. As soon as I cranked up the volume the radio shut off. Checked online and all the things that could cause that are good except for a low battery. Im hoping its not the old radio. Its been sitting in my garage since I pulled it out of the Jimmy my son was selling. I have another Alpine sitting on the shelf so if the same thing happens I'll try swapping them.

IMG_1621.JPG

Reactions: 4 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Looks great, Mich.
Stop being so critical.....you're your own worst enemy, my friend.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Youre probably right Jack ! I cant help it though. Its the OCD in me. Ive tried to do the best I can on both of the cars. I know theres going to be nicer cars out there. I see them all the time. Big dollar cars but a lot of them were built by shops for owners with deep pockets. Granted, Im just basically putting stuff back together but Im trying to do it so it looks nice and clean.
What else would I be doing ? LOL

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Youre probably right Jack ! I cant help it though. Its the OCD in me. Ive tried to do the best I can on both of the cars. I know theres going to be nicer cars out there. I see them all the time. Big dollar cars but a lot of them were built by shops for owners with deep pockets. Granted, Im just basically putting stuff back together but Im trying to do it so it looks nice and clean.
What else would I be doing ? LOL
Mich,
I could understand it being therapy for you. You just have to keep the OCD at bay. Us old retired farts have to devote our time to something. Everything looks so super clean and tidy.
I wish my interior looked half as good as yours.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor