My 83 Wagon

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Another day, another leak. I had to take the rear line off the master three times and play with it before it would stop leaking. Finally got it to seal. Then I started to bleed the fronts and the line from the master had a drip. I had to start all over again. Finally got that one to seal. I crawled under the car to mount the bracket on the side of the proportioning valve. While I was under there I figured I would just double check all the fittings and the one thats for the left side front line was a little loose. As soon as I touched it it started seeping from the center of the fitting. I really hate this stupid crap. LOL
The thing that pisses me off is I have to redo the 81 next. Right now nothing leaks on that one ! LMAO
Hopefully by the end of the day I'll have the wagon back on the dollies and I can move it to where the coupe is in the garage. I need to finish up stuff on the 81 so I can finally move it under its own power.

Reactions: 3 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Spent most of the day cleaning up the garage and moving stuff around. Got the wagon spun around and tucked close to the wall so I have room to tear into the coupe and still have enough space to get my lawn tractor in the door. Got some family things to do tomorrow and Wed. so I hope to be working on it at the end of the week. I need to pull the dash out of the 81 so I can attach the harness where it belongs and wire up the gauges for lights and power. I guess after thats done I'll tackle the brake issue. Ive got the master, proportioning valve, calipers and rubber lines. I still have to buy wheel cylinders and the rubber line for the rear. Im hoping the SS lines wont leak all over the place when its back together.
I covered the wagon with some plastic after wiping it down. I spent a few hours cleaning up most of the body shop dust that was on the frame and I dont want crap to get on it again !
IMG_1885.JPG
IMG_1889.JPG

Reactions: 6 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I've found that the SS flares need to be seated a few times. to seal correctly.

I found that out the hard way. Im almost sorry I used the SS instead of steel but I figured they would look nicer and hold up longer. I wish Inline and Classic Tube offered nickel copper lines as an option.
I guess all tubing is crap these days. You wander around junk yards and 50s and 60s cars still have lines that are almost mint. Whats up with that ??

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Flipping the like button reacquainted me with your pair of projects. Can you share any news on the wagon? Or the coupe? I'm glad to hear I'm not the only lunatic with one of each...

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor