My 83 Wagon

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The car looks great, Mich.
I kinda like it with the rally wheels. The color is outstanding.
The color on the coupe is pretty unusual as well.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
The car looks great, Mich.
I kinda like it with the rally wheels. The color is outstanding.
The color on the coupe is pretty unusual as well.
Thanks Jack. I like the rally wheels but I think a set of polished Torque Thrust ll would really look nice. Plus the rears have the wrong back space. The tires are VERY close to the frame. Cant even fit my fingers between them. I wanted to go with 17" but I might just buy 15" and just be happy with that.
Im also trying to decide whether or not to have some pinstriping put on the side. Nothing that stands out. Subtle fine lines like the 81 has running front to back. I met the guy that does all the striping for bunch of local body shops and the guys amazing. He said he would match the stripes on the 81 for $200. That will be a Winter deal though. I want to drive this thing !!!!! LOL

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks Jack. I like the rally wheels but I think a set of polished Torque Thrust ll would really look nice. Plus the rears have the wrong back space. The tires are VERY close to the frame. Cant even fit my fingers between them. I wanted to go with 17" but I might just buy 15" and just be happy with that.
Im also trying to decide whether or not to have some pinstriping put on the side. Nothing that stands out. Subtle fine lines like the 81 has running front to back. I met the guy that does all the striping for bunch of local body shops and the guys amazing. He said he would match the stripes on the 81 for $200. That will be a Winter deal though. I want to drive this thing !!!!! LOL
Mich,
A set of polished TT II's would look great, no doubt. 17's would look cool, as long as there's ample clearance between the tires and frame rails. I know you were having some trouble finding the right combination that you'd be comfortable with. Worse comes to worse, a set of 15's or even 16's for that matter.
It was pretty common back in the day, when these cars were new, that they would have dealer installed pin striping along the sides.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Finally got the exhaust system done. Local shop about 25 minutes away. Dropped it off yesterday and picked it up this afternoon. I have to say they guys did a real nice job. I should have taken a few picture when it was still on the lift.
They used 2 1/2" 409 SS. I dont mind it not being 304 just due to the cheaper cost and the fact thats its kept in a heated garage. It should last for a long time. I didnt want an x pipe so that made it even easier. They used Flowmaster 50s. Doesnt sound too bad. I also had them flange both mufflers so it will be easy to take apart if I need to down the road. Tailpipes behind the wheels. Did a nice job on the welds and they used pretty nice hangers. Bolted to the frame. I was very satisfied with the job. I'll take the 81 to them as soon as its ready.

Next thing will be picking out tires and rims and throwing the hood back on.

Reactions: 6 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
A couple of clean GBodys. I've always liked that front end on the wagon, and wagons too for that matter, we've had a few. Both GBodys and B body's. Weld wheels make any car look good.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Getting real close. Got the hood on the other night. Started to panic when I couldnt find the stupid spring. Turned out it was in a container of extra stuff up in the attic. Had to use a clay bar on it today to get some of the funk off of it. I had it leaning up against the wall covered with a sheet and a bit of overspray found its way up under it. Looks like one of my friends might TIG the mounts for the supports to the brackets over the weekend. Still need to put the mirror on the windshield. Got a piece of jute padding today for the doors but Im going to wait a while before I take those apart again.
Took it up to the gas station and filled the tank. Rides okay, shifts nice. Im happy. LOL

Im still on the fence about having it striped. I thought about getting it done to match the 81. Two stripes to the mirrors, then three to the back with the middle one getting a little wider at the end. What do you guys think ? Are pinstripes out these days ?

IMG_0449.jpg

• Love
  • Winner
Reactions: 4 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Pinstripes are never out as far as I'm concerned. It's a nice subtle touch.

• Agree

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mich,
I'm still diggin' the car with the rally wheels and police caps with no trim rings. It just has a nice subtleness to it.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor