My 83 Wagon

Max Headroom

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2011
Getting real close. Got the hood on the other night. Started to panic when I couldnt find the stupid spring. Turned out it was in a container of extra stuff up in the attic. Had to use a clay bar on it today to get some of the funk off of it. I had it leaning up against the wall covered with a sheet and a bit of overspray found its way up under it. Looks like one of my friends might TIG the mounts for the supports to the brackets over the weekend. Still need to put the mirror on the windshield. Got a piece of jute padding today for the doors but Im going to wait a while before I take those apart again.
Took it up to the gas station and filled the tank. Rides okay, shifts nice. Im happy. LOL

Im still on the fence about having it striped. I thought about getting it done to match the 81. Two stripes to the mirrors, then three to the back with the middle one getting a little wider at the end. What do you guys think ? Are pinstripes out these days ?

View attachment 189327

Max Headroom

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2011
There is something about a real Sano Ride that says, "I took my time and did everything the very best I could." Your wagon screams that!!
That is one super smooth ride and you should be very proud to call it yours.
You should do whatever makes you happy but I think striping would take away from how clean your wagon is.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Now that the wagons pretty close to being finished I spent the day cleaning up the garage and switched the cars around. Tomorrow Im going to get the 81 up on the stands and start pulling stuff apart so I can get the motor out and on the stand to fix the oil leak. Im also going to change a couple of things on the engine harness.
The other thing on the list is pulling the front springs out and trying those new Moog springs that I wound up not using in the wagon. The wheel opening is 3" higher on the 81. Looks like a farm tractor. LOL

IMG_0510 (002).jpg

Reactions: 4 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
My garage needs to look like that. I also need to make friends with a paint and finish expert. Weld beads and primer are just not the same.

Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Not great pictures but I finally put the front wheels and tires on. If its nice out on Friday I might pull it out and take a couple of side shots. Not exactly the look I really wanted but at this point Im done. Not changing them. I spoke to the guy I bought it from and he told me the 205 65s rubbed through both inners over time as he pulled out of his driveway. Seems there was some pavement put there to divert the water when it rained. We tried to get them to rub last night but nothing even close. Today I bought the same size and they look like theres a good amount of room on every side. Time will tell.

Attachments

• IMG_1024.jpg
    IMG_1024.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1025.jpg
    IMG_1025.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: 7 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The car looks great, Mich.
Hopefully you can make up for lost time and enjoy it again. I like the wheels. (y)

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor