my 84 regal and 84 cutlass build up thread and other pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i decided it was about time i got some pictures on here. my main project is a 84 regal that i am going full blown custom with. i am doing a full frame up build on it so the body is off of the frame with a new frame waiting for paint right now. thhis is my second time building this car, the first time it had 3 month old paint and a 3 day old sbc install and a gold volvo semi truck ran a red turn signal and destroyed the front end of the car. the car was 95% rust free so i had the frame pulled but it was still not right so i traded some boat parts for a rust free southern frame that has been sandblasted and epoxy sealed and waiting for paint. i am not building the car to be super fast but it is based more on performance then anything but is ultimatly a custom show car and cruiser. this car will never be a trailer queen! most of the stuff i am going to list i either already have or have done, i am missing a few minor parts to complete it. next on the list is to get the frame painted and get the rolling chasis done with all of the new parts and get the underside of the body sandblasted and undercoated so i can get the bosy back on the frame. after that i am onto painting the fire wall, jambs and mocking up the body panels to get ready for paint. i dont even know where to start but i will list it out some.

engine/transmission:
350 vortec block and heads
200r4 transmission
holley stealth ram OR tpi if i can find a lower base, which ever i get a deal on first
flat top coated pistons
not sure on cam yet
tpi computer, harness and sensors
custom chip
grand national tank, sending unit and fuel pump
serpentine setup from a tpi car or similar
i like polished aluminum so there will be alot of that again
i have a exhaust that is true duals 2 1/2" with shorty headers and flowmasters but i am going to get a new set of coated headers and new mufflers

body:
shaved handles, locks, antenna, fire wall...
custom asc moonroof that has been molded in to look stock
grand national spoiler
grand national hood
dark blue mica pearl(lexus paint code)

interior:
grey leather buckets from a late 90s bonneville(so far)
fiberglassed dash painted body color with screen molded in
dakota digital gauges(odyssey series)
blue neon accent lighting all tucked away so you cant see

stereo:(as of right now, could change)
head unit is a eclipse 55090 dvd head unit(no screen)
2-6.4" accell screens in side windows(not for sure yet)
1-15" accell screen in the trunk
1100 watt premium eclipse dual mono block amp
800 watt premium eclipse 4 channel amp
1 eclipse titanium 12
5.25 eclipse component speakers in q form kick panels
5.25 eclipse point sources mounted in rear panel at ear level
fiberglassed box and amp rack
lots of hidden blue neon, no exposed wires

suspension/drivetrain:
rear end 7.5" with 3.42 posi and 1LE 12" discs
s10 front sealed hub spindle with dual piston calipers and slip off rotors
firestone 2500 bags in front
firestone 2600 bags in rear
4 2-way fast valves for fbss
5 gallon tank
viair 380
viair 450
1/2 lines
push lock brass fittings
will be using bilstein shocks on all 4 corners
thick f41 sway bars from grand prix
hyper poly bushings all around including body mounts
17" eagle wheels....for now....maybe 18s or 20s later but no bigger

i will also be posting pictures of my 84 calais daily driver/project soon.

2aeuwoy.jpg

mjuvqb.jpg

2re5yjs.jpg

2rzdu3a.jpg

bi2s87.jpg

15f3ivt.jpg

2ih58j8.jpg

24d1ys7.jpg

2itiuqp.jpg

zyhoi1.jpg

2vuzc0o.jpg

here are some old old pics of the regal
u0d2x.jpg

34yehx4.jpg

207rwq1.jpg

lb4zs.jpg

30c27ue.jpg

2nvcja.jpg

my 90 eldorado, this is a rare one, it has a factory moon roor which is rare by itself but it also has a delaer installed e&g simulated convertable top. i love this car to death!!
feh2mt.jpg

2iix2xu.jpg

this is my 85 Riviera. this is a arizona rust free car. my mom bought it to replace her 84 and when we got it we hated the color, we have since grown to love the color. this car has been in my family for years and as soon as the regal and cutty are done it is getting a fresh base/clear but otherwise kept stock besides the wheels.

zklw6f.jpg

2iup4lf.jpg

83CuttyDblR

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 3, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
ay, did u do your own fiberglass dash & speaker box?

custom shop charge a lot for it!!!

i want a custom grille from B & C customs, its about $800

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
damn, looks like you've got a lot on your plate there! she's gonna be nice.
hey, what seats are those?

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
they are seats out of a mid 90s bonniville sse. the only thing i have not figured out is how to make them fold foward, but usually nobody sits in the back seat and if they do you can push them up so that there is plenty of room to get back. the ones i got where out of a totaled car that couldnt have had 30000 miles, they are perfect. i had to weld some metal to the mounting tabs to get them bolted in but it was pretty easy. they have a nice modern feel to them which is what i am going after with the car.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i have not posted any updates so i thought i would add some. in the last few weeks i have actually gotten some time to work on the car. right now i am cleaning up the underside so i can por 15 and undercoat it. i have new rockers ready to be welded in, i ran out of gas wor my mig. i picked up some brembo drilled rotors for my s10 dual piston brake setup. i started working on the rear end, right now i am modifying the flanges so i can bolt my 1le brake setup on and then install 3.42 gears and posi then paint the rear body colored. i also started por 15ing the frame in semi gloss and its looking nice but not as nice as if i painted it body colored as planned.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
mine right now is as possibly stripped as possible, the body is off the frame and doesnt have a single part attached to it lol. my *ss has been laying under it all evening with a wire wheel and a drill, my arms are killing me!!! half of this car is in my spare bedroom, my wife complains about it all the time, i keep telling her as soon as the body is bolted back down then she will get the room back.....maybe lol. the under side is cleaning up pretty decent, there is some rust but its mostly all surface so i am going to coat all the rusty spots with por 15 and then use some spray on under coating on the whole underside, i think it will look nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor