my 84 regal and 84 cutlass build up thread and other pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
lol wow. I wish I could take on a project in that much detail!im overwhelmed with my car as is. I am just waiting for chip foose to show up at my house and overhaul it. lol

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i never thought it would get to this point but one thing led to another and then one day i just started taking it apart and here i am. actually i had a new frame because the first one was bent when i got hit by the semi so i planned to just switch them real fast but then i saw how much attention the underside needed and i decided that i better do it right so now here i am trying to clean undercoating chunks out of my hair, eyes and ears not to mention the spots of por 15 all over my arms lol. i hope it is worth it when i am all done!

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
yeah, my "summer" engine swap, has turned into a "summer/fall" engine swap!

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
You didnt know that it is a good idea to mask off your body when using por15??? :lol: :lol: :lol: That stuff takes way to long for it to get off your skin!!!

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
To tip the seats forward, I would try the outside brackets from a 2 door Grand Prix and see if they will bolt in place of the ones those seats have. I used 4 door front seats from another Cutlass in my car, and all I had to do was switch to the hinged piece on the outside to make them work. I would think that GM would use the same seat frames for cars of a similar size, and they probably even have a universal backrest adjuster that gets used on multiple car lines to cut development costs. My seats had a zipper that was covered by a trim plate on the side, yours may have a similar arrangement on either the side or the bottom.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
man, you are reading my mind! i planned to do that, i just have not spent any time on the interior in awhile, i am working really hard to get the body back on the frame right now.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I hear ya! I have been mired in school and work and have not been able to shoot my car because I haven't had a clear day to get it to the paint booth. Bodywork is the worst part of old cars, the rest is pretty easy.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i cant say that i disagree with that! i am still wiping crap off my face and out of my ears from last night! lol, it sucks! back to it tomorrow, fun....not

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor