My 86 442

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blew86442

Greasemonkey
Mar 8, 2012
I bought this car a couple months ago. I am actually in the process of stripping it down to bare metal. Of course back to factory colors! It has very minimal body flaws other than a passenger door that was hit and repaired(Had a bout a half of gallon of filler on it, looked good though haha). I picked up a clean door locally to replace it with though.

Its kind of odd how acquired this car. The guy I bought it from ,took it for pay for concrete work he had done for the previous owner. Confusing, I know. So I don't know exactly what the internals of the engine are. But it has a SBC (don't kill me for not having an olds motor in it!) Speed demon 650 carb, dual plane intake, hump back heads, built 200 r4 transmission, dual exhaust with H pipe, aluminum radiator, dual electric fans. This car scoots! I haven't taken it to the track yet, but it feels about like a 13 sec car. I sure enjoy this car so far!

And he also included the original HO 307 and trans and all accessories except for the dual snorkel intake(grrrrr)

Attachments

• drivers side.jpg
    drivers side.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 704
  • engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 704
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 716

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
hump back heads you say? Never heard of those before.

gp02a0083

Master Mechanic
May 17, 2011
iirc weren't the 86 442's limited production #'s or was that a white 86 442?

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
gp02a0083 said:
iirc weren't the 86 442's limited production #'s or was that a white 86 442?

All 85-87 442's were limited production. There were only a little more than 11 thousand made TOTAL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor