my 87 LS rear ended, help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakewood213

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 30, 2013
so on my way home yesterday, some dumb *ss rear ends me in traffic on the freeway, pushes me into the car in front of me, then tries to take off (which didnt work out for him), so needless to say, now i need all kinds of exterior parts such as bumpers, bumper shocks, trunk lid, license plate holder and housing with license plate lights, grille, taillights, etc.

my question is.... are there any suppliers out there to order all or some of these parts from. ive searched some, and other than a few pieces i can get on ebay, i didnt find much else

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Glad he was cornered. I hope he's buying you a paint job as well. Don't let his insurance company total your car.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
before you start changing parts I'd suggest you check the frame to make sure it was not bent And take your car to get a few estimates before you touch it so you know what the damage is worth. I hope you were stopped and told the police officer that you were stopped cause if you were moving forward you could be held responsible for the car you hit in front of you.

lakewood213

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 30, 2013
im still waiting for the adjuster to come before i do anything. i was just researching parts availability, and new vs. used prices on what is available. i was completely stopped and did not receive a ticket, however the woman i was pushed into has a hit and run on her for leaving the scene before authorities got there. i found dixie monte carlo.com which offers some parts. are there any others i could find exterior parts from?

lakewood213

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 30, 2013
if they declare mine totalled, i will be in the market for another LS, since i will no longer be able to carry full coverage on this one, and will probably part this one out. really sucks, this car hasnt even flipped its first 100,00 miles yet

Have any pics? Where are you located? Being an LS I am guessing it's a Monte?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor