My 87 Salon with the 330 actually running after 10 years...

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN

Like I said, it's still in need of a fine tune (maybe when I get my thermostat housing to stop leaking), but we like it. Breathing through the old rusted headers into dual 2.5 pipes through dual Flowmasters (40's I think); I have new ceramics to go on it when I can actually drive it normally.

That's an Engle/JM 22-25-10 cam snorting through those pipes.

Reactions: 4 users

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
Anubis, the heads are the factory "3" heads. They were decked, some port work, new hardened seats and treated to a polish and I have Crane roller tipped rocker in standard ratio. I haven't had it physically dynoed, but after inputting all of the specs into CompCams CamQuest online virtual dyno, it registered 503 hp and 493 ft/lbs iirc. I haven't driven the car yet, as I'm having trouble figuring out why the new custom-built 200-4R won't hydraulically take gear, and we just moved to Texas and it isn't registered or inspected here yet.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
Hot Rod or Car Craft used that virtual dyno and compares it with real world dyno numbers and although a discrepancy existed, it was minimal (maybe 20 hp and 20 ft/lbs to the positive side).

I have a 2400-2600 stall so I will probably change it out later to a 3000+ depending on driving. The big issue is the factory 7.5" rear before I can really get into it and see how it performs...and that will be a while.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Anubis, the heads are the factory "3" heads. They were decked, some port work, new hardened seats and treated to a polish and I have Crane roller tipped rocker in standard ratio. .

roller rockers are never the same ratio of the standard stamped rockers. OEM stamped rockers range from 1.43 to 1.48 and never 1.5 like a roller rocker. I noticed the difference when I went from stamped to 1.5 roller rockers.

Reactions: 1 user

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
I guess they are 1.6...these are just roller-tip and I'll have to find my old receipts to verify part number. They may be the Magnum but I think they weren't rated for my spring pressure. It has been 7-8 years since I bought them. Lol. Hell, they may be Comps, too. Lol.

(EDIT)--They should be the CompCams Magnum, (Or the 7200 Steel Roller Rocker Kit from Mondello, which is the CompCams kit retagged IIRC); and yes, I know all about the Mondello controversy of the last several years.

At the time I was buying these parts, though, I hadn't heard or read any of the info about the split between Joe and rest of company, and the controversies surrounding the company; I did, however, not have a bad experience at that time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor