My 88 Cutlass Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickonometry

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 9, 2019
Hey guys, just picked up this 88 and put some Ridler 650 wheels on it. I think it looks good. I originally tried 18x9.5 on the rear but there was just no way to get those to fit without doing some serious work on the frame. These are 18x8 and they fit very comfortably. The fronts are 17x7 and I'm wondering if I could have fit an 18x7 on the front? Either way, here she is, hopefully going to be doing a lot of work to it this summer

cutlass.jpg

Reactions: 9 users

nickonometry

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 9, 2019
All stock for now, the motor is a small block 350 with quite a bit of work done. I am still learning a lot of this stuff so it should be an interesting project. I plan on doing a Ford 9" rear axle conversion in the near future, and potentially an LS swap with a 4l80 (I have the motor and transmission ready to go, just a matter of finding time).

We'll see, car runs good as is, so I will probably just enjoy it for the summer

Reactions: 1 users

hangar401

One Owner
Oct 3, 2019
Windsor,Ontario,Canada
Hey guys, just picked up this 88 and put some Ridler 650 wheels on it. I think it looks good. I originally tried 18x9.5 on the rear but there was just no way to get those to fit without doing some serious work on the frame. These are 18x8 and they fit very comfortably. The fronts are 17x7 and I'm wondering if I could have fit an 18x7 on the front? Either way, here she is, hopefully going to be doing a lot of work to it this summer

View attachment 140406
Sharp

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Nothing stock about a sbc 350. Nice car.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Welcome, very nice looking car. If the current setup runs good enough I would leave it for the season, then find the time over the winter

nickonometry

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 9, 2019
Welcome, very nice looking car. If the current setup runs good enough I would leave it for the season, then find the time over the winter

That's the plan! I do want to upgrade the rear axle though so I can do posi burnouts :LOL:

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
I have an 8.5" posi 3.73:1 G-body rear ready to go if you're interested. Since I have the '70 now, I will probably never have a use for the G-bod rear. It's from an '85 442.

Where are ya located?

nickonometry

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 9, 2019
I have an 8.5" posi 3.73:1 G-body rear ready to go if you're interested. Since I have the '70 now, I will probably never have a use for the G-bod rear. It's from an '85 442.

Where are ya located?
I'm in Southern Maine, you? I'd be interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor