MONTE CARLO My bench seat moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

MntCrl1978

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 29, 2022
Hey guys!

Trying to be more hands on with getting my Monte Carlo in better condition. I noticed that when I hit my brakes the passenger side of my bench seat slides forward a little. I looked underneath to see if there was something missing, but I'm not really sure what I'm looking at. Is this something that happened a lot?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Look to see if the lock detent is sticking or broken. Or even if the cable that works it when the adjuster is pulled is caught or binding on somethig that is keeping the detent from locking the track.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Sorry all I have is a pic from under a bucket seat but the idea is the same. The wire will be much longer on a bench seat.

Seat Control.jpg

Yellow arrow is the wire that makes the drivers side rail actuate the other side. Make sure it is not too short always pulling on the passenger side lever.

Red arrow make sure the spring is working in that lever it should by default secure the seat. Make sure it is free and moving.

• Useful
Reactions: 4 users

MntCrl1978

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 29, 2022
Sorry all I have is a pic from under a bucket seat but the idea is the same. The wire will be much longer on a bench seat.

View attachment 214063

Yellow arrow is the wire that makes the drivers side rail actuate the other side. Make sure it is not too short always pulling on the passenger side lever.

Red arrow make sure the spring is working in that lever it should by default secure the seat. Make sure it is free and moving.
Thank you so much for the visual!! That definitely helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor