My Camry is (maybe not?) on it's deathbed- Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Drive the Pferd. You put a lot of effort into it and it looks awesome. Show it off and enjoy it before gas goes through the roof again.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Nov 4, 2012
Drive the Pferd. You put a lot of effort into it and it looks awesome. Show it off and enjoy it before gas goes through the roof again.

Thank you kindly. The Fjord will be driven no matter what. The only time I really try to refrain from driving it is in the winter just to keep the salt off of it.

Derby season is just around the corner..... you're not going to fix that rust anyway. Knock the glass out of it and have some fun.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
Things are continuing to look optimistic for the Toyota. I've been enjoying tinkering with it. I grabbed a can of MAF cleaner from my box at work and sprayed the MAF sensor down. It wasn't very dirty but cleaning it won't hurt. I ordered a gas cap, cost a whopping $14. I'm waiting for that to come in. I pulled the PCV valve out and cleaned it with some brake cleaner. It wasn't stuck or very dirty, but it had some crud in it. I spent a good bit of time inspecting the engine bay, and I'm wondering how much of the oil loss might actually be from leaks. Even though the valve cover gasket was changed not long ago, it's looking a little wet, and the timing cover is very wet. There is also quite a bit of oil seepage where the lower half of the block mates to the upper half. The drain plug gasket is chewed up and is causing the drain plug to have a drip.

So I'm gonna have to get it cleaned up and see where it's actually leaking from and how badly. Some simple green and a pressure washer will make quick work of that. I think after that, my next step in investigating the P0420/P0171 will be to borrow a picoscope from work and see what kind of waveforms the O2 sensors put out.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor