My Christmas Present - 1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmasgift

n00b
Dec 27, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Hello,

I am the proud new owner of clean original 1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. My wife had the keys in my christmas stocking.

23.900 original miles, V6. One owner. The figurative lil ole lady who barely drove it. Mother or Aunt of my wifes friend. Came up from Florida two weeks ago.

Pics to come when I get my computer fixed.

Not quite sure what I will do with her yet. The car of course.

Pics to come when I get my computer fixed.

Any suggestions?

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
i would put a rocket, or a sbc in it, and just have fun with the car.

Furtrader

Master Mechanic
Jan 5, 2006
Ottawa,Ontario,Canada
Maybe just enjoy a nice car as the factory built it.
With fuel always going up,a bone stock ride may be a nice keeper.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
personally if it were all original and in great condition i would drive it and show it. be a cruiser honestly

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
with that low of mileage, it could be worth a lot in the future (rust free)

xmasgift

n00b
Dec 27, 2007
Raleigh, NC
So that is one of the things I am torn about.

So far I have seen some rust on the edge of the drivers door where it is chipped. And some around the trunk emblem.

I am not really into showing, but a clean original does have its merits. As well as possible future value.

She is at the mechanic today being checked out. So far they have report numerous leaks, as I expected. The only surpise was the leaky carb they want to replace.

Jim Rockford

Master Mechanic
Nov 10, 2007
Shelby,N.C.
don't replace that carb ,just rebuild it yourself , once you get a remaned carb from a box store it will never be the right one for that engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor