REGAL My Console Concept Doodle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Thanks Cali, I agree the padded vinyl will be great, I just don't do upholstery :)
This is in large part is just practicing for a hot/rat rod interior I need to make......."in my free time"
Could I buy that console from you, when you’re done practicing? Or now that you have the dimensions and/or template, can you make me one?

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
Nice job.

Doug

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Could I buy that console from you, when you’re done practicing? Or now that you have the dimensions and/or template, can you make me one?

I’m probably going to have a shop do it. I’ll be sure and post pictures when I get around to it, and will give a detailed breakdown of components, and contact info for the shop if you’re interested.

TBH, it’s probably going to be a while. Since I live in the People’s Republic out here, I have to jump through all the hoops of getting the thing smogged and registered in the first place before I even start the restomod process. Interior is probably the last thing on the list, after the drivetrain upgrades.

Last edited:

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Looks like a good gameplan, I am sure it will change some once you get into it. I had originally thought of doing a custom fiberglass setup but went the lazy route and got a 5th gen camaro console, I am still trying to figure out what to do with the space where the 4 gauges at the back of it sit. So as of now it is still sitting in my dining room, I would prefer to get that planned out before painting it the interior blue. But will also be using one of those charging pads, I had originally thought about putting it where the gauges went but think it is too far away so will probably just make it removable and put it into the cup holders since it seems to sit in there nicely.

View attachment 101644

If you're going with Automatic, you can get the top plate WITHOUT gages. Here's one for $50. Slightly used but in good shape. List price new is around $240.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335822911&icep_item=273610877069

s-l1600.jpg

Just an idea.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

Pronto-

Apprentice
Dec 4, 2014
A custom console without a shifter sticking out of it is boring. Convert that sucker to a floor shift.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
I was thinking the same thing. While a console could have all those other doodads, if it doesn't contain a shifter, I think it makes no sense being there.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; Just a few pictures of a simple design. If I ever do another the cup holders will be DDEEeeper! Ole' Bob.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 184
  • Malibu Int Dr-view_09.JPG
    Malibu Int Dr-view_09.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 193
  • Malibu Int L-buckets_09.JPG
    Malibu Int L-buckets_09.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 174

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
I respectfully disagree re: console must have a shifter. I’d rather have the storage space. We’ll see. I’m a long ways from doing the interior anyways.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor