My Cutlass Roller Is Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
20170318_184453-1.jpg

I was just starting to post parts for sale on this and started with attempting to sell the front clip first before anything else and then I get a text from someone saying they owned it 20 years ago and I asked him a few things about the car to verify he actually did.
I bought the car early winter only to get the southern doors that were laying down on the inside of the car and since the guy wouldn't separate I bought the whole thing.

I could tell by this guys persistence he really wanted the car but his lack of funds had us settle on a price that didn't include the rims and tires so I dropped it by the amount I figured I could get for them.
I knew parts wise I could get more than I paid for the car but I am happy that the car will eventually get restored to driving status and by someone that was so happy to see it again was great to see, the look on his face was priceless!

Reactions: 3 users

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
How did the shell get onto the trailer? And how will the new owner get it off?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
We rolled it on with my tires and they jacked it up in the middle on each side and removed the front and rear tires on one side at the same time
They already had loosened the lug nuts before it went on.
He is going to leave on the trailer until he gets the money to work on it.

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
View attachment 62514

I was just starting to post parts for sale on this and started with attempting to sell the front clip first before anything else and then I get a text from someone saying they owned it 20 years ago and I asked him a few things about the car to verify he actually did.
I bought the car early winter only to get the southern doors that were laying down on the inside of the car and since the guy wouldn't separate I bought the whole thing.

I could tell by this guys persistence he really wanted the car but his lack of funds had us settle on a price that didn't include the rims and tires so I dropped it by the amount I figured I could get for them.
I knew parts wise I could get more than I paid for the car but I am happy that the car will eventually get restored to driving status and by someone that was so happy to see it again was great to see, the look on his face was priceless!

That's so cool. It's always good when you find "The Right Buyer". The buyer who you feel good about sending the car with. Someone who you're pretty sure will take good care of the car and treat it right. It's even cooler when it's someone who had owned the car previously and buying it and taking it home is like a reunion for them. Good stuff.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I guess even his wife, which was his girlfriend back then was pushing him to get it.
And the guy who's name was on the title who had passed away (I bought it from his nephew) was the guy he gave it 20 years ago.

Reactions: 1 users

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Was it the VIN or another identifying feature the owner recognized? If the Cutlass could only talk I'm sure it would have an interesting story to tell.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Was it the VIN or another identifying feature the owner recognized?
He saw this picture that I had posted for my add for the front clip and knew it was his old car as soon as he saw it.
IMG_2099.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
So, I guess he recognized the two holes in the front bumper cover?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor