My fairly complete 3.8 to SBC 350 swap parts list!

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
so tired of ocd people talking about emissions laws. Get plates and then do whatever you want for 2 years. Is it that hard to figure out? That's what this site is really for. So you can get put it all back together at the last second and slide through the smog station and actually PASS b/c you know what you're talking about... but if you guys want to record the football game I guess you had better get that 'express written consent' from the network AND the nfl or don't press 'record'... lol

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
and on a 2nd note I really passed my cutlass in CA after I learned the requirements. You'd be surprised how many smog stations are lieing to you about those numbers when you pull up. Learn how to check this stuff out yourself so you can call 'bs' when a smog tech starts lying and get your pass. Fool me twice shame on ME no thanks!

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Considering G bodies are low emission cars, the subject is going to pop up every so often, nothing to get your panties tied up in a knot over. This forum is also here to help people hotrod their cars without rendering them illegal for street use in areas that still perform checks on cars of their vintage. It is also here to help people to maintain their cars including the computer and emission systems that came in them. If you don't like low emissions then get a older car that predates emissions and join a forum about those cars if emissions talk makes you so upset. Low emissions is just a fact of life when playing with a mid 70s or newer car, especially in a strict enforcement area.

By maintaining my car in full legal trim, I can drive it as much as I want without having to deal with limited mileages, only displaying it at car shows and parades, or other silly restrictions with classic plates in some areas. Plus all the countless posts I have seen of people ripping out low emission parts from their cars in an effort to improve performance only ending up making their car run much worse than stock, if at all. Just got to take the time to study how these cars work and be smart about is all that needs to be done.

Also I am sick of people who don't even live in strict enforcement areas or not having to deal with inspections complaining about others talking about low emissions and believing they know how it should be. It is not your problem, be glad you don't live in such a area and that it is not your problem, for now. I really don't see what their is for you guys who live in lax enforcement areas to be so upset about, it is not your problem so why get so upset and mouth off?

Oldie85

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 8, 2015
Team G-Body is there any easier way of doing this swap. I made a bad decision a year ago to find a junk yard 3.8 Buick motor and slapped it back in my 85 Cutlass. Of course as I was told I regret it. Since then I have has challenges from carburetor needing to be replaced to the engine overheating and I had to replace a hose. I think I should I have just put a Chevy 350 in it and I would have been happy. I'm going to have to do just to be happy and I hope I can configure how to make this function with the transmission that I have.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor