My first Diablo

Status
Not open for further replies.

spicercars

Greasemonkey
Jan 7, 2019
Saginaw MN
I bought this car in the spring of 1984 before I graduated high school. About two years later the transmission went out and I parked it. My dad at the time had a nice heated building and told me that a car that nice shouldn't sit out. So the spring of 1988 I loaded it up and took it to my dads where it sat there until 2016 when he passed away. It was one of the things out of site out of mind. So I brought it home and got it running but it leaked oil everywhere. The winter of 2016 I pulled the motor and transmission out. Built a nice 400 small block and 350 turbo trans and put it back together. Wow what a time capsule. The last time I drove this car I was 22 years old. My wife and I enjoy a cruise once and awhile. I'm
20160602_172949.jpg
so glad it sat at my dads for all those years because chances are I wouldn't still have it or it would have rusted in to ground.

Reactions: 6 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks for sharing the story. Nice Diablo. I'm glad that it was preserved and kept out of the elements over the years. It's nice to see that you got it running and driving and are able to enjoy cruising in it again.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Stellar ride!

My Dad had a Diablo, and it was a bucket; but it got me to and from University during the winter of 2000 while the Monte sat parked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor