My first G Body

Status
Not open for further replies.

85-GN

n00b
Mar 18, 2017
hi my names bryan. I've always loved G body's and decided to finally start looking for one. Started looking for a regular old regal but ended up finding an ex drag Grand National. Previous owner blew the motor so he took it out and sold it So I'm the third owner of this 1985 GN. I plan on doing a turbo 6.0L build with a 4l80e. The paint is kinda rough so that's what I'm tackling first. Cant wait to read all these threads and learn everything about the G body thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_3085.JPG
    IMG_3085.JPG
    489.7 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_3086.JPG
    IMG_3086.JPG
    490.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_3100.JPG
    IMG_3100.JPG
    486.7 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_3103.JPG
    IMG_3103.JPG
    279.8 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_3104.JPG
    IMG_3104.JPG
    800.4 KB · Views: 137
Reactions: 5 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Welcome aboard from KY Bryan, stepped up to the big leagues for your 1st g body! Alot of us would love to get our hands one one!

Looks like a solid car from the pics. Just sucks they used it for drag instead of keeping it stock which makes it worth WAY more!!! However, now you can do whatever to it and not totally piss off the purists!

You've joined the right place, tons of knowledge and great guys here for sure!

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Rodney Pickering

Apprentice
Mar 13, 2017
Yes welcome. Know a young man here in ky that is all about grand nationals! If you need any help can hook you up.

rrpmGb

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard Bryan,
It's a shame to see another GN wasted as a drag car. Hopefully, you'll get it back on the road and looking good. Good luck with the build.

Reactions: 1 users

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Welcome to the forum. Looks like you found a GN that's in pretty good shape. Was the Regal sitting next to it what you originally went to look at? A turbo 6.0 and a 4L80E should make for a fun ride. Keep us updated on your progress.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Welcome to the site from Houston. Cool project.

85-GN

n00b
Mar 18, 2017
Welcome to the forum. Looks like you found a GN that's in pretty good shape. Was the Regal sitting next to it what you originally went to look at? A turbo 6.0 and a 4L80E should make for a fun ride. Keep us updated on your progress.
No I posted an add looking for a regal and this guy happened to comment on my post. I was going to settle for a normal regal because they seem hard to find in the PNW. I'm glad I found this though it's one of my dream cars. It's a shame that it's not original but I wouldn't be able to afford it if it was so it worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor