My Ford Truck Project (And Other Projects)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
Swapped the serpentine belt and the idler pulley out today. I replaced the idler pulley once before with a Dayco. It's been howling on and off for a week or so. I swapped it for a Gates pulley. The new belt is also Gates. I got a belt for a van, it's about 1/4" longer than a truck belt. I can't see that making much difference, but technically it's what should go on it with the van pump. I've never replaced the belt before and while it looked fine I have no idea how old it is, so figured I may as well swap it.

20200330_191723.jpg
20200330_191717.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Nov 4, 2012
I would advise you to paint the reservoir to keep it from rusting out, but then I remembered that it's a garage queen. :p

Nah, I'll just be sure to spill some fluid on it when I top it up. That'll keep it from rusting :ROFLMAO: $30 junkyard van pump ftw.

Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
Today I decided to take a look into why my ABS doesn't work. It hasn't worked since I've owned the truck but I've never bothered to look into it. I pulled the ABS flash codes, got a code 7, which is a short somewhere in one specific circuit. It only took a DVOM and the Ford service manual to quickly narrow it down to an internal short in the ABS control module behind the glovebox. Easy part to change out but you can't buy them new, and no one seems to have remans anymore so basically down to trial and error with junkyard units or put some trust in ebay on a used one.

20200331_190510.jpg

• Sad

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Surprising. Seems the only thing I ever encountered was the tear diff speed sensor. Fords RWAL was really pretty reliable.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
Surprising. Seems the only thing I ever encountered was the tear diff speed sensor. Fords RWAL was really pretty reliable.

Funny you say that, I was almost certain it was going to be the VSS just based on experience. I actually have one on my desk I got from work thinking it was the reason for abs light.

Nov 4, 2012
Off topic but saw this sign today, thought it was pretty clever.

20200330_192138.jpg

Now I'm gonna watch this broad tell me why I should've bought a Dodge truck-

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor