My Ford Truck Project (And Other Projects)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
Here's a quick video of the first ride around the neighborhood. Clutch still needs bled a little more. I have a feeling that pin was loose for a while because the 1-2 and 2-3 shift is soo much tighter and smoother. Feels completely different. Sorry the camera is shaky, my mount sucks.

Reactions: 2 users

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
It's like looking out of the back seat of my ferd truck! The sound track is way different, more rattle, rattle, whoosh! But otherwise the same.

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
A little surprised to see you don't seem to compression brake at all with downshifting. Just how I was taught.

Nov 4, 2012
A little surprised to see you don't seem to compression brake at all with downshifting. Just how I was taught.

I do, but these hills aren't really long or steep enough to warrant it, also I'm trying to go gentle on the clutch until it's broken in.

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I do, but these hills aren't really long or steep enough to warrant it, also I'm trying to go gentle on the clutch until it's broken in.
Makes perfect sense.

Nov 4, 2012
Just thought I'd do a quick update on this thread. The last few months have been relatively uneventful with the truck. I haven't really done a whole lot to it since changing the clutch, but I've put probably ~500-800 miles of mixed highway/city driving on it since without any issues. I did do an oil change on it, it wasn't due yet, but I like changing it a little early. I had the underside Fluid Filmed just after Thanksgiving and I've been trying to keep it out of the salt, though I have driven it a few times. I took a couple loads of scrap metal with it and I drove it around a few times because my left foot was getting bored driving automatics :mrgreen:. I did get the 4wd shift linkage loosened up and finally got it in 4 low. Prior to that I could only get it into 4 hi. I actually needed the 4wd, I got stuck in the mud when I was loading that scrap metal.

Other than that it's been parked in the driveway waiting out the winter.

Reactions: 4 users
Nov 4, 2012
It was nearly 60° and sunny today so I took advantage of the nice weather and brought the truck out on the highway to stretch its' legs. Drove it about 30 miles or so. I really do miss driving it everyday.

IMG_20190105_162322588_HDR-2672x2004.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Nov 4, 2012
Well we are a week into April and it's time to get this thing out of hibernation and back on the road! I only drove it maybe 4 or 5 times the whole winter and I don't even think I put 100 miles on it during that time. I've been driving it here and there for the past couple weeks, and I hosed it off today (it has a layer of filth on it from sitting) and vacuumed out the interior. So far so good, it fires right up, the A/C is still blowing cold, the heat is still hot, everything seems to be working. I kept the battery inside on a tender during the coldest months but it did spend some of the winter in the truck. The next few days are supposed to be dry and fairly warm so I'm planning on doing a thorough wash and wax and general cleaning. I really hate cleaning cars but it needs it bad. I may change the oil even though it's not bad, it just sat through the winter. There's a few chips on it that need some touch up and the wipers need replaced, but other than that, it shouldn't need much of anything. The inspection and emission stickers are up at the end of the month so I'll have to take it to work and throw some new stickers on it. Then I should be set for some summer cruising!

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor