My Ford Truck Project

joesregalproject

joesregalproject

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Here's a quick video of the first ride around the neighborhood. Clutch still needs bled a little more. I have a feeling that pin was loose for a while because the 1-2 and 2-3 shift is soo much tighter and smoother. Feels completely different. Sorry the camera is shaky, my mount sucks.

Turbolq4

Turbolq4

G-Body Guru
Sep 25, 2017
Boise Idaho
It's like looking out of the back seat of my ferd truck! The sound track is way different, more rattle, rattle, whoosh! But otherwise the same.

Texas82GP

Texas82GP

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
A little surprised to see you don't seem to compression brake at all with downshifting. Just how I was taught.

joesregalproject

joesregalproject

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
A little surprised to see you don't seem to compression brake at all with downshifting. Just how I was taught.
I do, but these hills aren't really long or steep enough to warrant it, also I'm trying to go gentle on the clutch until it's broken in.

Texas82GP

Texas82GP

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I do, but these hills aren't really long or steep enough to warrant it, also I'm trying to go gentle on the clutch until it's broken in.
Makes perfect sense.

joesregalproject

joesregalproject

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Just thought I'd do a quick update on this thread. The last few months have been relatively uneventful with the truck. I haven't really done a whole lot to it since changing the clutch, but I've put probably ~500-800 miles of mixed highway/city driving on it since without any issues. I did do an oil change on it, it wasn't due yet, but I like changing it a little early. I had the underside Fluid Filmed just after Thanksgiving and I've been trying to keep it out of the salt, though I have driven it a few times. I took a couple loads of scrap metal with it and I drove it around a few times because my left foot was getting bored driving automatics :mrgreen:. I did get the 4wd shift linkage loosened up and finally got it in 4 low. Prior to that I could only get it into 4 hi. I actually needed the 4wd, I got stuck in the mud when I was loading that scrap metal.

Other than that it's been parked in the driveway waiting out the winter.

joesregalproject

joesregalproject

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
It was nearly 60° and sunny today so I took advantage of the nice weather and brought the truck out on the highway to stretch its' legs. Drove it about 30 miles or so. I really do miss driving it everyday.

img_20190105_162322588_hdr-2672x2004-jpg.102858

pagrunt

pagrunt

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 14, 2014
Shelocta, Pa
Still have that expired sticker on the plate?