My Ford Truck Project (And Other Projects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Super duty trucks are roughly 1000 pounds heavier so that can be both a benefit and a curse. No International diesels like to start in the cold and the overly complicated glow plug system is basically a revolving door. You just start at one end replacing parts and as soon as you get to what should be the other end you get to start over. Or just replace every component in the system every 30-50k miles. I think that's the biggest downside to those engines. Not real huge powerhouses but they are a pleasure to work hard and are pretty reliable. Also OBS F250 are TTB front suspension vs solid axle in the SD.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
Hosed it off and bed cleaned out-

20200129_164657.jpg
20200129_164636.jpg

Fired right up-

Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
When you gonna add the stripes to the doors?

Nov 4, 2012
When you gonna add the stripes to the doors?

I don't know, it doesn't bother me at all and it seems to drive other people nuts so I think I'll leave it :)

Or the next time I'm at the auto body supply store and I remember to pick up a roll of the correct scotchcal.

• Haha

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I don't know, it doesn't bother me at all and it seems to drive other people nuts so I think I'll leave it :)

Or the next time I'm at the auto body supply store and I remember to pick up a roll of the correct scotchcal.
Fair enough

Nov 4, 2012
It's a really good idea. Only use oem sensors as well.

It's a lot easier and cheaper to replace a cam sensor on your 7.3 than cam phasers on a 5.4 gas engine.

It's also a lot easier than carrying a spare engine in the bed for when your 6.0 or 6.4 diesel blows.

The 6.2L gas engines seem to be pretty reliable though.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor