my heat does not work please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

illregal82

Master Mechanic
Jul 4, 2006
MINNEAPOLIS
i had a vette motor put in my regal recently and the heat does not work what needs to be hooked up where, its getting cold out and i really like to drive my car as much as possible now that its really fast
normal_PB060185.JPG

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
Well, it looks like the heater hoses are hooked up...ummm. Any ideas guys??

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
If you have a working fan motor then I'd check the heater core hoses. They should be hot to the touch when the car is warmed up. If that the case and your still not getting any warm air its either your blend door or the heater core. The blend door is vacuum controlled, if its not hooked up then it could be closed off and you will only blow cold air. If its working then it probly your heater core. A good way to tell if they are bad is leaking coolant, typically on the floorboard or your windows will fog up uncontroably when the heater is on. Let me know what you find out.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
check the heater valve that's in the heater hose and make sure the vaccum is hooked up to it and check to see if the valve is seized

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor