my heat doesnt work

Status
Not open for further replies.

illregal82

Master Mechanic
Jul 4, 2006
MINNEAPOLIS
my engine swap is done to the drivable point but the heat doesnt work its stuck on defrost and doesnt blow hot at all cant change it and my mechanic has returned to fargo i know one problem is that i need a thermastat there isnt one so the motor runs like 165 170 but all the wires are still pugged in the blowermotor part i need to know where the vacum line starts and where it needs to go and maybe theres more wires need to be hooked plus i have this huge birdsnest of wires i have not yet unplugged my ecm is it safe now and can i remove all those wires what is needed for the heat its a little chilly here in minnesnowta

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
the heat doesnt work its stuck on defrost and doesnt blow hot at all cant change it
After I did my engine swap I had the same issue. I tore out all the emissions and wiring. For starters the heater door is vacuum controlled. If your car has AC there should be two small vacuum lines with a reservoir tank, w/ out the lines hooked up you can't control the hot/cold switch. You also need to make sure your heater motor is working. I replaced the motor and moved the ground because it kept shorting out. I'm still in the process of fixing my heater. Currently I have only defrost but it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor