My Malibu engine swap project

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigadam79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 17, 2005
Pensacola
I wanted to post some pictures of the car throughout the engine swap process. Enjoy... :wink:

This is the ugly mess i started with... :shock:
motorswap001.jpg

motorswap009.jpg

beadblasted parts getting ready to have powdercoated.
engineparts002.jpg

engineparts005.jpg

Installation of carb, and new fuelfilter/regular..
fuelline005.jpg

more parts coated
parts003.jpg

malibuengine005.jpg

plugwires007.jpg

Just about ready... :D
plugwires008.jpg

priming up oil
plugwires004.jpg

damn drill just couldnt take it.... :lol:
plugwires001.jpg

bigadam79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 17, 2005
Pensacola
This is where i was getting the bay area cleaned up and painted. Also removed the ac box and fabbed a steal block off plate.

enginebay008.jpg

enginebay009.jpg

enginebay010.jpg

enginebay011.jpg

enginebay012.jpg

enginebay013.jpg

enginebay014.jpg

enginebay015.jpg

Dropping in the motor.
motordrop001.jpg

motordrop002.jpg

gettinitready002.jpg

AAhhhh, much better.... 8)
gettinitready001.jpg

bigadam79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 17, 2005
Pensacola
I took these old centerlines and had the centers powdercoated. Then mounted some M/T Indy profiles.

tiresandwheels001.jpg

tiresandwheels003.jpg

100_1451.jpg

ss4ever

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Shelbina, Missouri
WOW, great job!!! Engine looks great, got any specs on it? Wanna do my car next LOL?

Any idea how well the powdercoated headers will hold up?

Randy

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
That's a nice detialed job you've done and nice pictures. Looking at the mock up with the sprak plug wires installed I hope you didn't leave numbers 1 and 3 draped over the headers but if you did then we have that somethin in common...fried wires....:lol:

I noticed your still running the stock fan. I have a 3 core rad and an perma cool 18" electric fan that only rarely goes on in the city, cept if I have the AC running and for that I have another smaller fan pushing air through the condenser to help it cool faster. The fan never kicks in when on the highway. They say an electric fan saves fuel milage but I haven't really noticed that..the one thing I did notice was the front to the engine stays cleaner without the stock fan blowing all the time, I'm running an open K&N filter that stays alot cleaner.

bigadam79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 17, 2005
Pensacola
Any idea how well the powdercoated headers will hold up?

Actually,the headers are the ony thing i didnt get coated. But he does ceramic coating for headers and manifolds. Im still planning on taking them off and letting him do them. I actually used that Eastwood header paint..... :evil: yea right!! That sh*t flaked off within 30 seconds of the first start.

Pontiac,
I dont have the red wires you see int he pictures anymore. I bought some of the Summit cut-to-length wires and Moroso wire looms.Everything looks nice and tidy now... :wink: I still need an up[dated engine pic since i moved the gauges inside the car, but heres the latest.

malibu4-30-06002.jpg

malibu4-30-06003.jpg

malibu4-30-06001.jpg

Dont have to worry about fried plug wired nemore. But im still wanting to put some of the fiberglass sleeving over the spark plug ends to help protect from the heat/

bigadam79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 17, 2005
Pensacola
Here ya go, i just went out and took these cause i finished waxing it about an hour ago. These are of the car right as of now.

memorialday06001.jpg

memorialday06005.jpg

memorialday06002.jpg

memorialday06003.jpg

memorialday06006.jpg

Heres one of my other toys in the background.
memorialday06007.jpg

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
That sure is a sweet ride and those wheels look great. Is that a fuel pressure gage you have on the carb?. At first I thought it was a fuel filter but in another pic it looks like there's a dial.

bigadam79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 17, 2005
Pensacola
Yea its a fuel filter/regulator in one. Only Summit sells it, from what I found. When i was putting the motor togethe i was trying to figure out an easy way to set up a filter and found this. So i bought it with the steel braided fuel line to go with.

fuelline002.jpg

fuelline003.jpg

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I looked through Summit but couldn't find that filter/pressure gage. Do you have the product number?.

Thanks... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor