My New(er) Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
Several of you followed me along through a few years of Blue Oval antics with some small engines tossed in here and there in my thread about my '95 F-150 titled "My Ford Truck Project and Other Projects".

I recently sold that truck as it was showing its age more and more and the upkeep was becoming to overwhelming. It was a tough bandaid to tear off but it was necessary. Today after a lot of shopping around, I finally came home with a replacement. I was primarily looking at Silverados and Nissan Frontiers and yet I wound up with... a Ford :giggle:

It's a 2015 F-150 XLT Supercab 6.5' bed, 2.7L Ecoboost V6 with the 302A package. It's got 67k miles on it and looks to have been very well cared for. I'll try to get some more pictures of it tomorrow. This one shouldn't really be a project so much as just a daily driver but I figured it still ought to get an introduction at least.

IMG_20210206_150439348_copy_2137x1603.jpg

Reactions: 11 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I'm trying not to be "that guy".... on the one hand, I feel like congratulations on a new truck, shiny, no rusty bs to fix.

On the other hand... I hope you don't plan on towing anything with that truck. It's widespread and well documented that defects exist where Ford has no repair that has shown to work for people complaining of it.

Google search about the f150 ecoboost stalling and dying.

Ie: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1515205-2-7-ecoboost-stalls-dies-after-towing.html

Ie: https://www.f150forum.com/f12/2-7-liter-ecoboost-engine-stalls-334164/

When driving a distance, then getting to a stop light/off ramp the trucks stall and shut off/die.

From what I remember, it was more the 1080 trans trucks, not the 680s, so there were people who thought the 10spd was to blame, and, so on so forth. I think in some cases, high profile and luck came into play, and some people got engines replaced.

Also, being in cold weather, look into the door handle TSB and class action lawsuit. Rough not being able to open your doors sometimes when you need to.

When I bought my 2018 I made sure to get the 5.0 and avoid the stalling/dead engine issue, something that doesn't replicate on short test drives and thus, dealers tell customers they can't diagnose.

Either way, read up on it and good luck with that engine.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Nice truck! If I had to buy another one it would definitely be a Ford. No way I would buy a POS Dodge with their rust issues and hemi cam failures. It’s not just the 5.7 but the 6.4 Hemi’s self destruct from poor lubrication. Another fine example of MOPAR engineering. I work directly with FCA engineering and can tell you they run a loose ship.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The EcoBoost trucks have had some issues, older ones, the timing chains. My Daughter's boyfriend has had few issues with his 2013 EcoBoost. Ford has had a ton of programming issues with their 10 speed. The GM 5.3L has had cam issues according to you guys here. The 5L Ford Coyote will beat GM's 5.3L and no now direct AND port injection. This year will tell if DOD causes cam issues on it as well. Our 3.6 Pentastar and 8 speed is great in our Challenger, here that from repair shops as well. Other than early head cracking and the now fixed oil cooler in 2016, the 3.6 Pentastar can go 500,000+ miles with few issues. I assume Ram has their rust issues now fixed, the early 2000's are especially bad. A Ram with 3.6 and the mild hybrid unless you do a lot of heavy towing is a good option. Nice truck buy the way, Ford's have nice styling, including the latest refresh and Ram as well. GM's were nice from 14 till the latest awful refresh.

Last edited:

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
all the manufacturers have their issues,congrarts on the new ride,it'll take a little getting used to being new to you and all but i'm sure you'll enjoy it

Reactions: 1 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Good looking truck hope it serves you well. I've got an 07 Silverado that I've done heavy towing with and had zero problems with. Haven't put anything into it yet except gas and tires. Currently looking for a V10 ford.

Current pic

IMG_5979.JPG

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor