my new project, 1981 Malibu 9C1

Status
Not open for further replies.

butch2427

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 15, 2020
Chattaroy, WA
Hello folks and thanks for the ad. This is my new project, a 1981Chevy Malibu Police 9C1. It was in service in Marion County Oregon with the Sheriffs office from 1981-1986. In 1987 it was sold at the county auction and stored ever since. I just took delivery of the car and looking forward to the many projects ahead. I first plan to evaluate what works and what doesn't. I'm looking forward to solving the many issues that will arise using the information you folks have already experienced and shared. Cheers.

Attachments

• basic malibu.jpg
    basic malibu.jpg
    762.6 KB · Views: 431
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Hoopty_Mike

Greasemonkey
Aug 5, 2012
CT
Cool ride, don't see too many malibu 9c1s. What does it have for a drivetrain? Plan on keeping it stock?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard! Very cool find. What are your plans for it....restore, sleeper, etc?
My suggestion would be to leave it stock in appearance. You don't see many 9C1 Malibu survivors. It even has the original steelies with police issue dogdish caps.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

butch2427

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 15, 2020
Chattaroy, WA
Thanks, this one has a 5.7L 350 and a 3 speed transmission. My plans are to keep this as a sleeper with only a spot light to clue in those who know these. I’m going through each system to get a handle on what needs to be done. It runs excellent but time was not good to the trunk. I’m currently searching for a trunk lid and the panel in between the trunk and the back window,

stevenc8337

Greasemonkey
Nov 24, 2012
NYC
Awesome! 80s and 90s 9C1 cars like malibu, caprice, etc. Were super cool!!! Looking foward to seeing your progress

• Agree

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Welcome to GBF Butch,
I've heard of Chattaroy, but don't know where it is. I am in Tukwila, just outside of Seattle.
Looking forward to updates on your progress.

Reactions: 1 user

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I had an 86 Caprice chase car with probably that same 350. Ran real good. Biggest flaw was single exhaust. When pulling out hard it sounded like an airplane, the engine was so choked. Yours can be a great project to have fun with.

Reactions: 1 user

michmalibuman

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2017
Welcome, Great find and I'll be watching . :cool:
thumbnail (5).jpg

Last edited:
  • Winner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor