My Newest Pictures Of My Monte from 565bbchevy

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Hey 565bbchevy post up some pics of your dash guages lit up in the dark please.

This video was before I painted the gauge bezels black which helped tone down the brightness seen with the silver bezels.
It's hard to tell in the video but they are very easy to read even more so now without reflections from the silver bezels.
I bought green, red, blue and white led's, the blue was the coolest looking but because of the perimeter lighting on the gauges it made the faces hard to read and I ended up settling on the white, Because of the amount of gauges I have when I tried the green and red they both had an intense glow which looked kind of strange but with a standard dash any of the colored ones would probably look good.

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Wow I just came across this thread. This is one of if not the most impressive beastly G body builds ever. Most Big Block, high horsepower builds with a roll cage have hacked interiors with wires everywhere. This car is clean and stylish inside and out. And this will make any Ford guy that ends up next to you at a light wish he had a disintegrate button.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Thanks for the awsome compliment and usually Fords won't pull up next to me at a stop light they seem to sit back about half a car length for some reason.

Last edited:

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Thanks for the video. Those guages do look very cool. You tell em fords cant do it like a chevy let alone like a GM.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I like the gauges better now since I painted the bezels black, the silver bezels added another color to my interior that did not match any pre existing colors and I kept changing steering wheels trying to get something to match them.
And also I really can't complain about Fords I have a Lincoln that I modified parked next to my Monte in the garage right now and my daily driver is a Taurus and they have both been great cars.

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Some times when you work on a car its good to step back for a minute and realize what looks best. When you look at something for soo long its easy to get carried away. Thats why I ask for opinions when I can. In my mind I may feel like leonardo danvicci but to others my work looks like a piccaso. Lol

What ever you say haha Im not prejudice against fords. I had a 03 taurus 73,000mi and the trans blew up twice! After that a mustang 93 4 banger mysteriously drank transfluid. Still drove. But none the less id have to say fox bodies are the newest ill go with fords every thing after that is ju...well.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
These are not new pictures but I figured I would just add them to give a more complete idea of my set up.

Reactions: 1 user

truracer20

Master Mechanic
Feb 16, 2014
western PA
Love the Monte. And the Lincoln, I saw the youtube video of. I had a 94 Continental years ago. The only thing I didn't like on it was the factory air ride. Mine was Champagne color.

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Thanks for posting pics of this beautiful car. You've done an awesome job with it. Looking at the craftsmanship on this build definitely inspires me to make my car the best it can be.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Mr.565 & all; If the NASTINESS Automobile on the planet right now is Tom Bailey's 69 Camaro, yours is only a step or two behind (meant as the Highest complement). I'm a slow reader, but have spent some time reading about your excellent build. And some how I've missed how Quick all that fine equipment is? Are you considering Car Craft Nat's next summer, it's just around the lake from you? Saturday night will host drag racing at the local track. I missed that last year & just ran the auto X a couple of times. I'm guess'in that you wouldn't do the auto X, but that night air at Great Lakes Drag Way would be something you could enjoy TOo the MAX. If you make it over for the Nat's, look for me Saturday over by the Auto X area. I'd like to sit & have a beer with ya. And if I got enough energy (I'll be 70 a week later) I'll be at the drag strip that evening. We could race for a beer, I'll bring an extra $5.00 with me as more than likely I'll be buy'in! You can be very proud of your work as you have assembled one Nasty-fine machine. To a speedy new year, Bob Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor