My Old Monte SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I dont think I posted any of these before but I thought some of you guys might like to see the 85 Monte that I sold before I bought my wagon. I picked it up in southern NJ. Got it from the original owners niece. At least thats what the woman told me. The mileage was original. No paint work from what I could see. The interior was spotless. I had the car for 3 years and put on under 1K miles. The only thing I did was put on the rims and tires from the 81 Malibu just to give it a different look. Sorry about the quality of the scanned photo. I only have that copied picture of the car with the rims and tires.
I really loved the Monte but to be honest I was chomping at the bit to tear it apart and start changing crap. It was so original I couldnt bring myself to do it. I really thought it was worth more stock and untouched.
When I first decided to sell it I was trying to buy the Monte in the last photo. Older guy had it up west from where I live. Turna might know the car since it was from his area. I saw it at a cruise night and fell in love with it. I really liked the brighter white over the color of mine. It also had a blue interior which I also liked more over the burgundy. The car was set up nice. Cowl hood, nice built motor, the wheels and tires, bow tie gauges. Things I wanted to do to mine were already done. So I put mine up for sale. In the end the other one sold before I could get rid of mine. I kept looking for other Montes online that were already done. Couldnt find anything that I liked. I saw the wagon and the rest is history. LOL

969458_10201305494266490_1153783828_n.jpg

This one was taken the day it was picked up. Mike from Mikes Montes bought it. It was really clean but I had to leave it outside for a full winter due to the 81 taking up all the space in my garage. Anything under the hood that wasnt painted well from the factory got a little flash rust. I was pissed but there wasnt anything I could do at the time. And yeah, thats my old goofy butt standing there. LOL

misc 501.JPG

misc 506.JPG
misc 505.JPG
PhotoScan (3).jpg
10250061_10203760564601714_5999060903706126537_n.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor