My Old Montes For Sale Again

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
My old Monte SS is on ebay. Last time I saw it it was for sale at a dealership in OH for $32,995. Shocked at the new price. Kinda sorry I sold this one. Especially since I let it go in 2012 for $10K. Dang.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
$38.9 K???? And that might not include the state sales tax and dealer prep? it does say make an offer but still.............For that kind of gelt it would almost have to be concours stock/original, no soot in the exhaust pipes, and every nut and bolt and part in it have a GM identifier on it.

Nick

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
$38.9 K???? And that might not include the state sales tax and dealer prep? it does say make an offer but still.............For that kind of gelt it would almost have to be concours stock/original, no soot in the exhaust pipes, and every nut and bolt and part in it have a GM identifier on it.

Nick
Its original. I sold it with just under 13K miles. Mike had it detailed. Thats about the only thing he had done to it. Im sure its got a new battery and tires now.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I guess my question is how does one enjoy a car like that? I would never be able to just own one sitting and never driving it

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
My old Monte SS is on ebay. Last time I saw it it was for sale at a dealership in OH for $32,995. Shocked at the new price. Kinda sorry I sold this one. Especially since I let it go in 2012 for $10K. Dang.

10k was good money for one of these in 2012.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I guess my question is how does one enjoy a car like that? I would never be able to just own one sitting and never driving it
I didnt mind driving it. It was like driving a new car. The original Eagles were dry rotted so I stuck the Draglites and T/As that were on the 81 on so I could cruise around. It looked great. Then I started thinking about changing more stuff. The reason I sold it was I didnt want to start changing a mint original car. I saw a real nice modified SS at a cruise night that was for sale. The guy wanted somewhere around $13K for it. It was done. Hot motor, Convos front and back, cowl hood, nice bow tie gauges. I really liked the look of the car plus it was the brighter white with a blue interior. Thats when I put mine up for sale. Even took the other one for a test drive. In the end the guy sold it before I could get rid of mine.
I kept thinking about the custom wagon I saw at Carlisle. Thats when I decided to really push selling the Monte. It was the second car my wife wanted me to keep. First was my 72 Nova. She was right. I didnt need another project.
But now its all water under the bridge.

10255594_10203760564601714_5999060903706126537_o.jpg

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Goes to show you that NOBODY knows what a car will sell for in the future. It's not how much they ask, it's how much you actually pay for it.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor