Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2007
Churchville, PA
looks good man,congrats

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
thanks allot of work went into it. it came out of a Chevy truck. I got it bored .40 over and decked for about 10.5:1 compression. I bought the Edelbrock complete top end package. heads, cam, intake. the pistons are forged speed pro. i had the heads professionally ported by Rehr Morrison. Should be ready to drop in, all as i need are my bushings , springs, and shocks. thanks.

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL
Very nice looking motor. If your car looks as good as the motor you will have one bitchen ride. Keep up the good work.

roughskinjrz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 5, 2007
Miramichi, NB
v8power said:
thanks allot of work went into it. it came out of a Chevy truck. I got it bored .40 over and decked for about 10.5:1 compression. I bought the Edelbrock complete top end package. heads, cam, intake. the pistons are forged speed pro. i had the heads professionally ported by Rehr Morrison. Should be ready to drop in, all as i need are my bushings , springs, and shocks. thanks.

i had almost the same motor. 350 .030 over was 10:1 compression with flat tops. edelbrock rpm cam, edelbrock rpm heads, edelbrock rpm air gap intake, 1.6 comp cam pro magnum rockers, edelbrock 750 cfm carb, march pulleys. built 700r4, 410 posi i ran 12.4 @ 111mph

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
not bad. how did you like that set up? did you do any porting to the heads?. my only concern is my rear end holding up, i have a extremely heavy right foot.

roughskinjrz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 5, 2007
Miramichi, NB
it worked alright, it sounded pretty lopey... no porting on the heads so yo u should hit 11's with no problem with traction. i ran stock 10 bolt only used drag radials couple times scared for the rearend's life...

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
just put my new msd street fire distributer and hooker super comp. headers on and ran all the plug wires. does anyone know if you can put these motors in the car with the headers still on??

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
just an update. i have all my front end almost together with poly bushings and tubular upper a-arms. anyone know what is the easiest way to get them front springs in? i am still searching for some good 1 3/4 headers. i decided to go with a stock car wiring system, push button start and a master switch. i will get some more pics up as soon as o get my camera working again.

twisted

Apprentice
Feb 16, 2008
for the headers do you want shorties, mid length or long tubes?
do you want just headers or a tuned pair of headers?
I have all those listed above.
if you want to get real fancy, I have stainless and titanium ceramic coated.
all new in the box(s) shoot me a pm if you are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor