Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
Picture045-1.jpg

here is a pic of the actual car.

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
went to the track last weekend but broke a rocker arm in the first pass. i let off a bit after the 8th mile and ended up with a 13.3 here is what it looked like when i took the valve cover off, i already cleaned the rocker arm pieces.
Picture047.jpg

with that fixed, i decided to finish my interior. never did anything like this before but it was good experience. i just got fabric and went to town.
Picture048.jpg

Picture050.jpg

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
wow thats kinda of a new one, gbody two seater, makes sence and i like it

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
well it will be cages soon as i get done with basic training, so i didnt want to go buy a maroon back seat. its a little nicer looking i think than a aluminum sheet. i need some chrome trim and door handle pin, other than that its done until TNT race shop releases there drive shaft loop and some other goodies i want.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
I like the rear seat delete... I was thinking of caging my car for a while and was planning on doing that same thing in place of the rear seat.

Where'd you get the fabric? My buddy and I are thinking of doing something just like that for his Skylark.

13.3 is pretty quick for having let off around 1/2 track...
I can't wait to hear what it runs once you get a full pass out of it!

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Thats shapeing up to be one sharp lil drag car. I like the color. You got lots of work and money in that one and a right to be proud since you have done the work yourself. I bet you are gettin ancee to get some time in at the track. 8)

Question looks like a gravity fed electric in front of the tank? If it is sometimes these starve at the big end of the track might want to watch for this. If it goes thru a pump every summer or so this sometimes is the problem especially if its just dead headed into the carb. PS I like the two seater with carpet idea.

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
i will have to watch out for the pump issue. the back pannel was really easy all i did was cut a pattern out in a piece of wood, the cheap kind people put on walls. i just had it laying around and its lighter than aluminum. then i went to walmart and got 3 yards of there black fabric and glued it on with 3M stuff. it was really easy, i just used the sound detonation piece as a template.

i will be bringing it back to the strip next weekend to see what i can do with it. i have allot of learning to do, i still need to get a good launch down. im going to try and flash the converter a bit more. i am waiting for my plate to convert my NOS EFI sniper kit into a carb one. so we will see how it likes a 175 shot too. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor