My Sister's Monte SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
My sister always wanted a GN until she realized she would never afford a clean one. So instead she settled (her words) for a Monte SS.

It was a pretty clean and well maintained car when she got it. She had me go through it mechanically and I cleaned it up even more. The factory paint still showed pretty decent. While I was under it, I yanked the springs and made a Gentleman's Drop on those cutting off one coil from each. I thought it sat much nicer than stock.

About 10 years ago she hit a fence post and caved in the rear quarter between the door and the rear wheel. Upon fixing the damage, I was having a ton of trouble finding the replacement rainbow graphic stripes. I never cared for those anyway. I'm also a fan of "less is more" so I convinced her to let me take the rest of the stripes off. I only left the orange Monte SS lettering on the doors.

monte front.jpg
monte rear.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
That is a real sweet looking Monte SS. Let me know if you are interested in replacing the factory decals, a friend of mine bought the decals but decided on not installing them on his SS

Reactions: 1 user

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
That is a real sweet looking Monte SS. Let me know if you are interested in replacing the factory decals, a friend of mine bought the decals but decided on not installing them on his SS

I like the car better without them. But I'll be seeing my sister this weekend and will mention it to her.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Nice Monte. I have never been a fan of decals on our cars, I have always felt they look so much cleaner without them.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Wouldn't change a thing. Looks awesome as-is. Similarly, when my Regal wagon was re-wrapped after the fender-bender, they didn't put the center mouldings back on the door, and to be honest, I don't miss them. Once I get the right front mouldings done, I think I'm going to leave the rest of the body alone visually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor