Status
Not open for further replies.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
Just bought one of these:
http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/product.php?p=2
It's a complete used kit for a 4.3 blazer/s10 and it'll be going on my 4.3 truck, might send the supercharger to vortech to have them check it out and rebuild it if needed.

I have a merc marine manifold that has 24#hr injectors, and those will need to be upgraded to 44# injectors. Also need a walbro255 fuel pump. I'll have to do something about the ignition system/ plugs/ etc cuz I can't find an aftermarket controller for an 05 silverado.

The plan is to buy a used laptop and HP tuners vs. having it dyno tuned. That way if anything goes wrong I can only blame myself rather than someone else. The kit runs at 10psi and it'll be meth injected instead of intercooled (don't need the extra hassle).

On a stock blazer it puts out an extra 70hp/60tq on stock injectors. I'm hoping for 80-100 hp/60-80 tq due to the upgraded fuel system and a higher quality engine (new LU3's have 25hp rating above the old blazer 4.3's). It'll put me at the power level between a stock 4.8L (if I get bad results), to a stock 5.3L if all goes well. All this with two less cylinders, a trans that weighs less than 100 lbs, 3.90 gears, and total weight is around 4200lbs.

Need to also rebuild the NV3500 5spd so it'll be a fun little v6 full size truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor