REGAL My tail lights are out on my 85 regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
did you check to make sure you have power going to the lights? Unusual for both sides to burn out. It's a dark brown wire for the tail lights and if you find you have no power check on the left side of the fuse box at the connection for the rear light harness. I think the brown wire is 3rd up from the bottom. The wires for the rear harness are aluminum and they can corrode at the fuse box. Another way of causing a problem is someone wires in a trailer harness and used quick connects on the aluminum wire that will eventual cause the wire to break.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Thugnificent

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 9, 2017
did you check to make sure you have power going to the lights? Unusual for both sides to burn out. It's a dark brown wire for the tail lights and if you find you have no power check on the left side of the fuse box at the connection for the rear light harness. I think the brown wire is 3rd up from the bottom. The wires for the rear harness are aluminum and they can corrode at the fuse box. Another way of causing a problem is someone wires in a trailer harness and used quick connects on the aluminum wire that will eventual cause the wire to break.
Ding ding ding! Blown fuse, corroded wires, old lights ahhaha, but the fuse is what was the catalyst

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor