NADA price

Status
Not open for further replies.

CenturyAero

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 21, 2014
Portland
For more than the last decade NADA has listed my car as a 4 door COUPE. Well, we all know there is no such thing as a 4 door coupe but evidently NADA does not. Also the top resale value NADA lists has been the same too for well over a decade and is stated at $1850. A total rust free lost in the factory new 1979 Buick Century 4 door COUPE is worth only $1850 ! My neighborhood cheapo used car lot would want more than that for one that ran decent and passed DEQ inspection.

I would not even consider anywhere near that ridiculous low price for my two owner [ that is me - the second owner ] rust free always garaged original. It is a drive anywhere car that has been superbly maintained.

NADA - asleep at the cash register for over a decade.

Attachments

• 001 (Medium).jpg
    001 (Medium).jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 299

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I wouldn't sweat it. Cars are worth what people will pay for them. For years a "Number 1" '71 Cuda Convert was $12.5K (Add 40% for Hemi) so I was hesitant to put any money in mine because I paid $7,500 for it and mine was a 2. Then I got an unsolicited offer for $25K and took it and a couple years later could have easily sold it of $40K. All that time the NADA said $12.5K for a 1.

Never try to trade in a classic car on a new car and if you post a any car on CL for what a dealer is willing to give you for it, it will sell in a day.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
This is why you should get your own appraisal done so if something happens to the car you won't be stuck with the amount the insurance company would like to rely on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor