• No

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016
So recently i decided to block off my back brakes because the brake line was rusted, i was going to drive it to my house where i have the proper equipment, and can work on it basically every day. well i was going to bleed the front brakes, and stripped the old bleeder, i dont know how this happened because i loosened and tightened the bleeder atleast 30 times before, and i was using a 6 point socket, so i took off the caliper and hit the bleeder out with a chisel and hammer. i researched how i can bleed brakes by myself and found these things called speed bleeders, i ordered a pair and decided to put them in, i got my brake assembled and tightened the bleeder. i thought it was tight enough, went to push the brake and fluid was still coming out, i tightened it a little more, hit the brake and fluid was STILL pouring out. i tightened it one last time and this is where i got ****ed. the whole thing just snapped in half with the other half inside of the caliper, now i could drill it out or buy a new caliper but honestly im just going to sell AS is. plus i cant tell if my radiator is leaking or i need a new lower radiator hose, but when i run the car for a while and rev it up it leaks pretty slowly near the lower rad hose. so thats it, im officially selling the car, 3500 obo, if it dosnt sell soon im lowering the price to 3000, the car is in chesterfield if anyone here is interested.
IMG_2301[1].JPG
IMG_2303[1].JPG

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Just get a new caliper.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Come on, a reman caliper is under $20. I don't think anybody is going to get close to your price for a car with no brakes.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016
Yes, they are that cheap. If a bleeder is ever a problem, the first thing to do is go buy a new caliper/wheel cylinder. Its just not worth the aggravation.
omg you guys convinced me again, i guess im insane because ive said im done working on this car about 20 times before.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
New Poll:
1) Spend $20 and buy a new caliper
2) Try to sell a car that has no brakes and loose hundreds of dollars because you didn't want to do #1

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016
New Poll:
1) Spend $20 and buy a new caliper
2) Try to sell a car that has no brakes and loose hundreds of dollars because you didn't want to do #1
ok well im just going to do the front brakes, but deliver it myself to the buyers house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor