Need 1 5/8"sbc long tube headers that will clear factory 4 speed z bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
Does anyone have any concrete confirmation that any of the Hooker, Dynomax or other headers will clear the factory clutch linkage Z bar.
I bought a set of 1 5/8" Hedmans and they are too close to the frame on the left side. Hedman only offers 1 1/2" for a sbc G body that will clear the z bar.
Thanks in advance

Jame

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2018
I went with the 1.5 diameter hedmans. I know it cost a few hp, but you can install them in less than an hour. I cant imagine that they reduce power that much unless trying to reduce ets by a tenth or so. It had hookers on it, but no idea the part number. I know the right lower control arm had to be shaved to install those, and plugs were hard to install. Plus i hate regular collector.

michmalibuman

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2017
I've got a set of 1.5 Hedmans on mine now but would like a bigger tube if I can find one that fits.

Attachments

• 84.jpeg
    84.jpeg
    779.9 KB · Views: 404
  • 20171019_151319.jpg
    20171019_151319.jpg
    843.9 KB · Views: 402
Reactions: 1 user

Jame

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2018
Wish some one had actual dyno evidence same car just back to back runs with 1.5 vs 1 5/8 to see if it really matters on a street thats only raced a few times a year. Id guess the hp loss is made up by tq gain to make a near wash over all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor