Need a bit of advice/opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
if he never registered it it will still be in previous owners name should not be a problem if he provides bill of sale.

Wouldn't fly here in OK, might in other states. They call it title jumping, and can/will/have cited people for tax evasion, since the taxes were not paid at each sale.

Reactions: 1 users

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Nobody wants to hear that kind of sensibility
I looked on CL in the Carolina's, Virginia, then out in the South West... Same as the junk for sale here at the same prices it seems to me.

Reactions: 1 user

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
sounds like a $1500 car to me. 8.5 rear, g-body rear? or some other gm 8.5 rear? as for the title and vin, run the numbers with the police, make sure its not reported stolen.
in the new covid19 economy, its no longer a $4500 car. its at best a $1500 car. anyone who pays his asking price is just laundering their drug money.
It's the rear out of a Grand National or 442.

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Wouldn't fly here in OK, might in other states. They call it title jumping, and can/will/have cited people for tax evasion, since the taxes were not paid at each sale.
I didn't even think about the taxes... It wouldn't be a problem on a car that age, but still a valid point. Last two cars I transferred were my Grand National into my name, and my Wrangler YJ into the new owners name, we told the tags place the deal was $100 bucks, the guy said the state is too lazy to check if that's a legitimate deal because they only check the blue book on cars back to like 1995, so we could say any price we want and get away with it.

However without a good title the car is virtually worthless, can't be registered or insured if it's not in your name. And it goes without saying if it's not in your name, legally it's not yours, and you can't sell it. Made that mistake in highschool, bought a motorcycle without a title only to find out getting it titled is a very difficult process.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I looked on CL in the Carolina's, Virginia, then out in the South West... Same as the junk for sale here at the same prices it seems to me.

The links are ugly because I don't really use it and don't see a way to get cleaner ones. But they should work.

IMO just from what you said any one of these cars are better than what you're asking about buying.

The car you describe really sounds like an overpriced pile. However, it also sounds somewhat like you really want that particular one with your heart, your head says problem/not worth it, and you were hoping for validation that you should buy it - which you aren't going to really find here.

Take a look. Literally 30 seconds of search. You may just need to look harder.

Number 1

Number 2

Number 3

Number 4

Number 5

Number 6

Number 7

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
The links are ugly because I don't really use it and don't see a way to get cleaner ones. But they should work.

IMO just from what you said any one of these cars are better than what you're asking about buying.

The car you describe really sounds like an overpriced pile. However, it also sounds somewhat like you really want that particular one with your heart, your head says problem/not worth it, and you were hoping for validation that you should buy it - which you aren't going to really find here.

Number 1

Number 2

Number 3

Number 4

Number 5

Number 6

Number 7

Those mostly have trashed interiors, and shot paint, and rust... Like I said basically the same crap that's available here.

The white one #7 looks pretty decent but they only have one picture.

I'm not set on this car other than it already has an 8.5 in it which instantly makes it worth $1500 to me. The body and frame are virtually rust free.

Basically I'm getting the advice I thought I would get... Don't do it. I'm thinking I'll call the guy and tell him if he gets the title sorted I'm interested, but otherwise nope.

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
OP
Those mostly have trashed interiors, and shot paint, and rust... Like I said basically the same crap that's available here.

The white one #7 looks pretty decent but they only have one picture.

I'm not set on this car other than it already has an 8.5 in it which instantly makes it worth $1500 to me. The body and frame are virtually rust free.

Basically I'm getting the advice I thought I would get... Don't do it. I'm thinking I'll call the guy and tell him if he gets the title sorted I'm interested, but otherwise nope.
Good call. But the price should still come down some.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
3500 for a roller with a hacked up homemade rear suspension that provably don't work right

with no gut, no paint and a hole in the roof

I would pass
I agree the factory 4 link works too well to have wacky junk back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor