Need a Supervisor to Chuck's El Camino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldscarnut

Master Mechanic
May 10, 2017
NW Washington State
Installing Rallye 350 spec engine in a 1980 El Camino project. (LAST one for sure). Cylinders 1 and 3 had bent push rods, and #3 Pivot was snapped too. I wish I could say it happened at 6500 RPM crossing the finish line, but nope. The old mechanic (Me) didn't get the TDC cylinder as #1 and well 180 degrees off will almost always get the same result. Let's just say I can confirm the damage will happen every time! I attribute it to impatience and the solid belief that I had everything right when I built it and somehow lost the timing. New pushrods a tad bit longer from Adam Mead installed. Thanks Adam! Awaiting the pivot from Rock Auto, and before I put on the valve covers I will watch #1 for no spring compression and start it (I hope) finally. I posted this to reinforce double checking everything before you get excited to crank it over. The real problem of not starting was that the stock push rods were .375 short. Sigh....
:cool:
....HEAVY SIGH!!!
:(
101_2805 (2).JPG
I think I need a supervisor if I am ever to finish this marathon!!

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor