Need advice, 79 Cutlass Inside rear qtr window trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStanley

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 25, 2016
So I am replacing my front seat belts, when I took of the inside rear Qtr panel , the inside Qtr Window trim fell off and so did this piece of channel? metal to the floor, I can't figure out where it goes, isn't screwed on, cant tell what it was attached to, or what it does.

Any help to id what to do with it is appreicated. Photos below..

Attachments

• IMG_1585[1].JPG
    IMG_1585[1].JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1579[1].JPG
    IMG_1579[1].JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1580[1].JPG
    IMG_1580[1].JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 92

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Older thread from October with no replies, anybody know the answer? Mine have been off for years and will be going back in this winter and I’d like to know as well. 👍

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
It clips onto the inside of the interior panel around the window, weatherstrip side towards the window of course. I don’t have any pictures of it unfortunately. Usually the foam weatherstrip type material degrades so much that it separates and falls off on its own when you try and reattach it to the panel.

To the best of my knowledge, no one is making replacements at this time either.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor