Need advice for parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Those dorman 520-153 and 154 were for the small FWD versions of the cars, not the rwd

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Yeah, the lowers should look more like this...

61ysLfBn-aL._SX466_.jpg

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
I used these exact numbers on my car and no issues what so ever. just buy new bolts for the lowers.
So here's another dumb question. I know moog is suppose to be the go-to brand. Would it be wreckless to use dorman? Could get all arms for half the price (compared to moog) but would I really be sacrificing quality by choosing Dorman? Or would it be worth it to wait and buy moog?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
So here's another dumb question. I know moog is suppose to be the go-to brand. Would it be wreckless to use dorman? Could get all arms for half the price (compared to moog) but would I really be sacrificing quality by choosing Dorman? Or would it be worth it to wait and buy moog?
That's the $64,000 question. Only you can answer. We can spend your money for you and say buy the Moog's, but if money is tight or for whatever other factors driving the decision, you have to make the call. I know it sucks.

If it were me, I'd buy the Moog parts even if I had to save up a bit more. Not saying Dorman is always bad, but a lot of times, you do get what you pay for.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Fair enough. I will just relax. Car drives good enough to cruise for now. Maybe I will make this a winter project. Buy 1 part at a time or 2 to get that free shipping 😎 until I have everything I need.

Reactions: 2 users

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
What would recommend to use for springs? After thinking about it, i think i would like a more aggressive stance.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
If you don't get drop spindles, you'll have to cut some. I'm not a fan, but other people seem to be happy. Eibachs suck- too soft in the front. The OPGI lowering springs work very well, but may take a short forever to come in. My buddy got the 3" drops on the $200 Cutlass 7469.jpeg
1565262207637.png

I have 2" drop spindles and Eibach rears with a 1" spacer

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
If you don't get drop spindles, you'll have to cut some. I'm not a fan, but other people seem to be happy. Eibachs suck- too soft in the front. The OPGI lowering springs work very well, but may take a short forever to come in. My buddy got the 3" drops on the $200 Cutlass View attachment 120314 View attachment 120316
I have 2" drop spindles and Eibach rears with a 1" spacer
I will put stock springs back in it. Didn't realize I would have to buy additional parts to make it work. Thanks

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
There a few ways to skin that cat, though. It all depends on what your goals and driving style/expectations are. The ghetto-fabulous way, for looks only, is to just torch the springs, and drop it on the bump stops. 2nd most economical would be to cut the front factory springs and put shorter F-body rear springs and isolator/locators in. Lowering springs and/or drop spindles are more expensive, but will perform better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor