Need advice for parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
You need to go for a triple digit blast in the Pig. This thing is fun!
UNGN, the former member/man/myth/legend, has excellent setup information here. It doesn't have to be expensive to work well. The only aftermarket part, perse, is the spindles. The rest is a mixmatch that mixes very well.
Get as much caster and camber in as you can; it makes a big difference.

Reactions: 1 users

GPNX

Apprentice
Jun 6, 2016
are you sway bar bushings tight could be the click you hear when you drive. without looking at it i couldn't tell you what the exact problem is. tire should wiggle a little from wheel bearings but a click is not good. if you can't diagnose i would take it to a couple of different garages and have them look at it to see what they come up with.

Reactions: 1 user

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
This weekend I'm gonna put it on my ramps and take a video of underneath. Want to get some opinions on how bad the rust is.
are you sway bar bushings tight could be the click you hear when you drive. without looking at it i couldn't tell you what the exact problem is. tire should wiggle a little from wheel bearings but a click is not good. if you can't diagnose i would take it to a couple of different garages and have them look at it to see what they come up with.
"Click" sound may have been a bad description to use. Everything is tight. Your right. Should just get an inspection somewhere else. I got bored and put the car on the ramps. And did a video recording of underneath the car to see what people think of it as far as too much rust or it's decent. I put the phone on a creeper and tried to slowly go around the car.....not happy at all. I kinda feel lost now......like this will turn into a huge money pit fast. To me it looks like it needs alot of metal work or am I being to picky? I feel the only way to fix it is for a frame off.....but no way could I afford it...and i dont think doing that to this car would make sense......you guys want to see the video? Or should I start a new thread?

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Hah
You need to go for a triple digit blast in the Pig. This thing is fun!
UNGN, the former member/man/myth/legend, has excellent setup information here. It doesn't have to be expensive to work well. The only aftermarket part, perse, is the spindles. The rest is a mixmatch that mixes very well.
Get as much caster and camber in as you can; it makes a big difference.
Hahaha. I don't think I would like going triple digits in it right now...i couldn't imagine it. Probly feel like going into space!

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
My car feels leagues better with just new shocks and aprings with all the factory bracing. It can only get bettet with bushings body bushings and balljoints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor