Need an engine swap here in Ontario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Not sure if this the right place to post, so my bad in advance should that not be the case.

But that said, I was hoping to find someone to do a swap in my Bonneville here in Ontario (Trenton/Belleville area if possible), because I’d like the 305 upgraded to a 350, as I won’t be rebuilding it like I was first planning on.

I would have to have the vehicle towed to your business, and bring the motor too, unless someone has one to install also.

Can pay a deposit, nor looking for anything fancy, just want a motor in it that’s isn’t seized or runs like it needs lots of repairs there.

Before anyone asks, why don’t I know someone already who can? Well my friend would do it, but he works 10-12 hour days in construction and only gets weekends off, which when I usually work, so i figured to ask here on the forum, because he’s likely won’t have time, thanks!

Reactions: 1 user

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
Oh that's easy to answer..

check out Forge Auto on #40 south of the 401 , you want to talk to David Horner a mechanic there , he is a member here but rarely if ever visit this site. Lives in Wooler and has a F B group GCO ( GBODY CLUB OF ONTARIO or something ) He drives a gold Regal with cowl hood
Not sure if he or the shop would do it , but he know's most of the car guy's in the region and should be able to point you in the right direction

Reactions: 6 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Good luck! I'm sure you'll find someone willing to do the swap. It should be pretty straight forward...305 to a 350. It was a weekend swap for me.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Oh that's easy to answer..

check out Forge Auto on #40 south of the 401 , you want to talk to David Horner a mechanic there , he is a member here but rarely if ever visit this site. Lives in Wooler and has a F B group GCO ( GBODY CLUB OF ONTARIO or something ) He drives a gold Regal with cowl hood
Not sure if he or the shop would do it , but he know's most of the car guy's in the region and should be able to point you in the right direction
Man thanks for that information, just being a young dude and not having alot of experience with auto repair in general it softens the anxiety of worrying about being scammed.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Good luck! I'm sure you'll find someone willing to do the swap. It should be pretty straight forward...305 to a 350. It was a weekend swap for me.
For sure, I have a couple options for right now.

And true it is a straight swap, if I had a garage and enough tools I would have tried it and if necessary then have my friend point me in the right direction haha.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It's always good to have a friend, or friends willing to help the cause, A garage and the proper tools would certainly be helpful. It's getting to that time of year where it's not conducive to wrenching outdoors. At least up north. Again that's where a garage comes in handy.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Just a thought. Do you have any trade schools that teach automotive? Like a community center or college? Perhaps you can volunteer your car to have the work done there for maybe the cost of basic essentials....oil and filter, hoses, belts, motor mounts, etc. Definitely worth looking into.
or take a class yourself for the experience and work on your car in the process with a few extra hands to help out.

Reactions: 5 users

Donagain

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 3, 2017
Just a thought. Do you have any trade schools that teach automotive? Like a community center or college? Perhaps you can volunteer your car to have the work done there for maybe the cost of basic essentials....oil and filter, hoses, belts, motor mounts, etc. Definitely worth looking into.
or take a class yourself for the experience and work on your car in the process with a few extra hands to help out.
Loyalist College Auto Service Technician program is taught at Loyalist College in Belleville . Somebody there might need a project to work on and a few bucks in their pocket.

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Loyalist College Auto Service Technician program is taught at Loyalist College in Belleville . Somebody there might need a project to work on and a few bucks in their pocket.
Well, I hope this information is able to help our friend....or, isn't that far away to be able to benefit him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor