Need an engine swap here in Ontario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It could or should it's a reasonable towing distance .
Dave,
I guess you'd know better than I would, being from that neck of the woods. Towing it there would certainly be a viable option. I hope he looks into it further. I suppose being a member of an auto club like AAA would be helpful. It's certainly helped me over the years.

Reactions: 2 users

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Just a thought. Do you have any trade schools that teach automotive? Like a community center or college? Perhaps you can volunteer your car to have the work done there for maybe the cost of basic essentials....oil and filter, hoses, belts, motor mounts, etc. Definitely worth looking into.
or take a class yourself for the experience and work on your car in the process with a few extra hands to help out.
I would love to do something like that, but with the pandemic i'm not sure if that can be done at the moment. I will definitely inquire it however.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Well, I hope this information is able to help our friend....or, isn't that far away to be able to benefit him.
The car is up in the country, so getting CAA to take it out of the storage yard will be a bit tricky, but not impossible.

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I'm sure you'll work something out. Don't underestimate CAA. I'm sure they'll try to accommodate you. In the meantime keep inquiring about getting your engine swapped. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
I'm sure you'll work something out. Don't underestimate CAA. I'm sure they'll try to accommodate you. In the meantime keep inquiring about getting your engine swapped. Good luck!
I tried using them to give the Chev a boost earlier, but they said because it was in storage and not a roadside emergency they can't do it.

Going to try using my friends CAA premium membership, since it has higher towing kilometers haha.

Donagain

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 3, 2017
I tried using them to give the Chev a boost earlier, but they said because it was in storage and not a roadside emergency they can't do it.

Going to try using my friends CAA premium membership, since it has higher towing kilometers haha.
Drag it out onto the road so they have to take it. Just make sure it's not blocking the plow.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

That's a good idea using your friend's membership. However, I don't agree with them not giving you a boost while the car is in storage. That just doesn't sound right. As for them picking up the car. You might have to make it more accessible for them as Gonagain mentioned. ^^

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor