Need any '78 Grand Prix parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I came across a guy selling a '78 GP with no front clip. Has tan cloth buckets, console, silver face idiot lights, good rear bumper, doors may be good (have to check the lower seams), trunk lid, 14" rallye II's, tail lights, good solid frame, rocker trim. IIRC, it doesn't have a vinyl top if anyone needs the trim for a removal conversion. Can get pics later if theres interest.

IawoBill

n00b
Dec 30, 2009
I have an '83 GP and would like to swap in a real pontiac engine versus the small block 305 that is in it today. If the car you are looking at had/has the 301, I would like the motor mounts on the frame and engine. I suspect the frame brackets are more important, engine mounts can probably still be purchased. I would also like the cross member.
Thanks,
Bill

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
IawoBill said:
I have an '83 GP and would like to swap in a real pontiac engine versus the small block 305 that is in it today. If the car you are looking at had/has the 301, I would like the motor mounts on the frame and engine. I suspect the frame brackets are more important, engine mounts can probably still be purchased. I would also like the cross member.
Thanks,
Bill

I have an extra set of really nice powder coated engine mount brackets to fit our cars. I'd like $45+ shipping if you're interested. Shipping options are up to you. Yes, you can get the frame mounts pretty cheap too. The last time I checked Rock Auto they were $4 ea.

crazy'boutOlds

Greasemonkey
Mar 26, 2008
Youngstown, Ohio
Has he purchased these, or made contact with you to possibly purchase them?
G-Body_Vet said:
IawoBill said:
Thanks,
Bill

I have an extra set of really nice powder coated engine mount brackets to fit our cars. I'd like $45+ shipping if you're interested. Shipping options are up to you. Yes, you can get the frame mounts pretty cheap too. The last time I checked Rock Auto they were $4 ea.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
crazy'boutOlds said:
Do they have the bolts that go threw the mount?
If so, can I get some good pics to compare them to the f-body ones that don't seem to be working for me?

They have one long bolt for the frame pad, and thee other holes where they attach to the engine. These are the shorter 301 mounts. I bought an extra set, powder coated them and now I don't need them.
upload125.jpg

pontiacmotormounts001-1.jpg

pontiacmotormounts004-1.jpg

pontiacmotormounts002.jpg

pontiacmotormounts003.jpg

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Yes, THESE are the ones! Now you will be golden, and doesn't G-Body _Vet do nice work?

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
Hey Mark, thanks for the kind words!

As for shipping, let me know what you want. UPS, USPS first class, or dirt cheap & slow parcel post. The earliest I'll be able to get to it is Monday since I work today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor