Need engine swap advice -1986 Monte Carlo Ls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the OP keeps us updated. I want to see the $100 premium 4.3 to 350 conversion.

If you've got time and look around, deals can be found. I found my complete Vortec 350 for $200. I realize that I got really lucky but they're out there if you have the luxury of time. The OP probably doesn't.

If you've got time and look around, deals can be found. I found my complete Vortec 350 for $200. I realize that I got really lucky but they're out there if you have the luxury of time. The OP probably doesn't.

No doubt you can find cheap SBCs, I just want to see the car converted from V6 to V8 with just $100 difference.

• Agree
Reactions: Texas82GP
I'm failing to see what would cause a price gap between 4.3 and 305 lol

One thing I got into in between g bodies and w bodies was hot rod s10s. I v8 swapped many s10s (around 20) on a 91 blazer we kept the efi. Only parts that cost anything were mounts and headers and exhaust. Had he used manifolds stock exhaust would have worked no mods

Islam. No,wait...Sorry,wrong forum.😱

One thing I got into in between g bodies and w bodies was hot rod s10s. I v8 swapped many s10s (around 20) on a 91 blazer we kept the efi. Only parts that cost anything were mounts and headers and exhaust. Had he used manifolds stock exhaust would have worked no mods

I was going to say FPR if keeping the stock fuel system or new tank, sender, etc if converting to mechanical. The stock V6 exhaust will bolt up to SBC manifolds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor